Police Licence Plate scanners

This was just brought to my attention by my fiances sister…She said she got pulled over and got a ticket for expired registration and the cop told her they have a “radar” system that can scan cars…This was news to me so I googled it…Seems pretty fucking cool…hahaha…It might be old news but thought I would share…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGY1CD9y_4

old news , yes this has gotten me before to lolol

Ive seen cops going up and down parking lot aisles with the scanners before.

Once again our tax dollars put to use trying to fuck us.

Good, I don’t wanna get hit by some scumbag with no insurance.

There is even a car in Cobleskill with the scanners lol I better get an inspection soon, I still have grey…

When these first started getting implemented in Schenectady, they gave them to the parking enforcement guys first, they kept some equipment in the garage i work at, so I talked to them/watched them play with the equipment for a bit.

they basically pick up all reflective surfaces…road signs, license plates, etc.

the machines are capable of scanning and checking 500 plates a minute or something crazy like that.

they tell , if the car is inspected , registered , insured . if the owner is wanted by the po-9 and so on

besides if your legit ya got to worry about

very common, and it’s a pretty cool system. If you see cars with these little black boxes on the trunk, that’s what the scanners are.

it’s also detects any warrants via registered owners.

Bethlehem PD has had these things for ever now.

They are an awesome tool… If you are wanted and have a car registered in your name, it picks that up, suspended registration, insurance lapse is a big thing, stolen cars, missing person. Those are some of the major things.

It doesn’t say if your car registration is expired, if the driver is suspended or if your car is not inspected…

when they first came out they were approx. 30k…now they are about 15k…

i thought n.y.s.i was checked ?

nope…that thing would be going off all damn day

true lolol

good to know :thumbup

I’m not sure how legal that is. I don’t think they can give you certain tickets if the car is parked and your not in it. I believe its the same kind of principle that they can’t give you a ticket for doing snow donuts on your own land. Not too sure on that whole thing though.

if you are parked on a public roadway, you can receive a ticket for expired inspection and registration.

Yeah, if you’re running around with hundreds of pounds of weed in your car, just park it. They won’t be able to give you a ticket or anything.

I understand that, but I wouldn’t put it past a lot of law enforcement to issue tickets on private property.

if the vehicle is on a public highway (any street) its free game pretty much…

for example… I drive by a car that is suspended for insurance lapse…I can tow it and issue it a parking ticket for not being registered… Most of the time i drive by the parked vehicles and wait for them to be driving…

If the car is not on a public roadway they shouldnt get a ticket. In that case I would safely assume it’s on private property.