Cops taking older cars off the road?

This is some bad news guys, apparently in the star today there was an article about how cops are cracking down on older cars, i.e., >15 years old, I’m not sure if this is true or if its :bsflag:. Anyone got a link to the article?

if your not a noob buying up shitty ass rusted 240sx’s and have a valid emissions test and no holes in your cars then you have nothing to worry about.
remeber how it goes, #1 turbo motor #2 suspention #3 wheels + Tires #4 Body Kit #5 fixing ur rust holes. follow thies guid lines and you will have the best nissan. ever

Okay good, because I was starting to get worried, along with all this shit about them doing raids, its getting to the point we cant even own imports.

They’ve been doing this forever. Keeps the 1987 Pontiac 6000LE’s off the road that are so rotten you barely have to open the doors and the cars with vice gripped brake lines and shit like that off the road.

Keep Your car looking presentable and have all you emissions crap there and working and you won’t have any problems.

Yeah, Im also concerned for my dads shit box, its an 89 ford, hes got sheet metal riveted to it to cover the rust haha. Hopefully it doesnt get puled over.

definately the route im taking on my next 240 lol

This is a good thing. If you can’t afford a safe car you should’nt be driving.

meh, not worried

if your car looks the part then your fine

if you got a shitty rusted out deathtrap, then it shouldnt be on the road in the first place

every time i get a person who doesnt knwo anythign about skylines ask me what year my car is, and i tell them 1990, they are in utter shock.

cops would be the same way. some will know there shit, others will not.

AGREED!!.. i have been using my motor money to keep my car in good working order, better safe then fast

They will pull you over any time of the year… just don’t dress the part and your fine.

I have a flat black 240. That was painted with rocker guard or some stupid shit. The stuff is chipping off and showing the original champaign color. Now it just screams POS. Every cop that saw me driving that thing looked at me as if i was a gold mine! Didn’t help that my car looked like it was diesel because of the black smoke it was poring out lol

I hit a large piece of rust that fell off someone’s car on the 401. Fortunately it was small enough that it went under my car, and my undertray absorbed the impact, but I was still scared and pissed off. If pieces of your car are falling off as you drive it, you should not be allowed to drive it.

Yeah I totally agree with everyone.