Cossey... get to work.

If you spend the dough and get the small flush mounts, im sure it can be made to look very good

Oh no they most definitely will. The leverage those things have over that hinge setup is insane.

Valvetrain on the RB to rev 9-10K isn’t hard at all. Common practice on these things in europe and austrailia. Guys are spinning 9K on stock motors. Only issue they’re having are OE and N1 oil pump rotor failures, or stripped gen one(r32) oil pump drive snouts. We’re going a bit beyond those pieces.

Stroker 2.8 can be made to spin that fast too, just going to cost an easy 6-7K more.

I believe the “pins” in reference are aerocatch

Adam, you should take Cossey’s old engine internals and drop them in my RB :ninja

What’s beyond the N1 oil pump?

Adam,

Do you take credit cards?

:rofl

if i had a glass or a cf hood on a race car, i’d just have it on pins. maybe not those round shiney ones with the little cable but those flush black droplet shaped ones. whatever those are called.

aerocatch.

yes, thats the ones!

looks good from here shrug

Well the old engine internals will have a price tag on them… :ninja

Beyond N1… Jun or Tomei pretty much.

Going up the lineup…

OE, N1, Nismo 11mm, Tomei/Jun large volume, drysump…OE/N1 junk for performance build, Nismo “OK” but has been having rotor fracture issues pop up, Jun/Tomie provide 40% more flow(actually have to ADD 4 guarts to sump with extension!!) just cost ~$2000 by the time you factor in all parts and labor to buy the pump, baffles, and build sump extensions, etc.

Working on something else for him tonight as per our talk today :wink:

Hmm looks like I’ll have to go with the drysump system this winter :ninja