cost to get wheels un-mounted

YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS!!

stop arguing about things when you don’t know from experice.

The hardest tire I ever unmounted was off a f430, it took 40min. for one.

4 regular tires, even low pros however could be done in well under ten minutes. Normally it is less than $5 a wheel to just mount or just dismount a tire. Walmart was $3.50 a few years ago, if you bought the tires from that place it’s free, the balancing isn’t however. Obviously for special circumstances it may cost alot more to do, sometimes over $100 to mount and balance.

On a post machine 4 tires could be dismounted and mounted in ten minutes, and any one that does do tires would do five minutes worth of work for $5.

So the lesson here is…one of us isn’t going to go out of our way to do this for $5, but if you go to a shop and talk to a tech and tell him he can have $5, odds are it’ll be done when you get back from taking a piss.

Thirty minutes with one hand tied behind your back.

Bring them over, I’ll do it for ya.

PM me and we’ll get it done.

the last three posts were very helpful. :tup:

thanks guys.

Ryan I’ll probably bring them over this weekend.

4 low pros in ten minutes stfu now. also mountings 10.99 balancing is 9.99 90% of the places u go

haha ill help you cut them bitches off the rim… call me!

mounting is 10.99 with the cost of balancing. The stick is to get people for the balancing not the mounting.

$200 bucks says I could dismount four low pros in less than 10 min.

We are talking about wheels that are A. being refinished and B. already off the car.

Now I have spent 20min. trying to break the bead of 1 michilen pilot sport from a bbs wheel off a viper. but most combos are cake to dismount, I mean you do realize tires can be mounted by hand right? have you seen how a tire machine works? you just push the bead around the wheel. Semi tires are done with crow bars, and they have pretty thick sidewalls.

thats the best idea yet, not hard to do and completly free.

What machine?

for what? the viper wheel i used a bead breaker on the side of a coats clamp machine, but i don’t remember th.e model number

Any tire machine works by pushing the bead around the wheel.

for most low pros i used to use a really good coats with a bunch of arms, the thing was like a 10k machine, called it the octopus.
For just dismounting you could use a post if you wanted, or the single arm clamp.

can i pick the rims and tires ill take the bet. and not 10.99 for mounting and balancing is included in the purchase of tires. if you bring tires into the shop urself they will charge you both mounting and balancing

no i dont know how to operate a tire machine i just did for 5 years

i have a rim clamp machine at my house if they wernt to hard to get off id still get 20 thats fair

I personally mount and dismount my own tires at work, honestly 5 bux would be an insult, its just not worth carrying those things and getting all that road grime on me. If its not someone you know thats doing you a favor for that price they’re probly going to gouge your rims. It would probly take 10-30 minutes to dismount them depending on how low profile they were. $20 would definetly be fair.

Just curious, trying to get a feel for what machines are out there and how well they do the job.

I’ve got a Hunter and even with the heavy rally tires, it seems to do pretty well. Haven’t tried and real low profiles yet.

take them to the ECC training center and they’ll do it 4 free.

fixed, you’ll be sending all 4 out for repair…

If I’m around swerve on Sunday I’ll do em for ya cheap. Or swing by tomorrow and talk to paul, he’ll hook you up.

“$200 bucks says I could dismount four low pros in less than 10 min.” - I’ll take you up on that offer but I’ll choose the tire and the wheel. I’ll even give you 10 to 1 on your money.

We use a bomb ass expensive snap-on tire machine with all the “arms” mentioned above. And I have still run into some tires that are just insanely hard to work with. It’s not so much the tires as it is cheap/bad wheel design.

I got one wheel I need to send out for straightening, I might just use some snips and cut if off.

I did mention some of my harder tasks, but if it goes smoothly and from the front of the wheel it should not take longer than 10 min. to dismount 4.

$200, my 17in cobra wheels with hankook rs2’s. all for off in under 10min.

Haven’t dismounted a tire in a year and i can’t see this being a problem.

And if your working somewhere with a tire machine and your not already dirty, what exactly are you doing at your job? or do you just suck and need 30 min. JUST TO DISMOUNT 4 tires.

I mean what would it take to get 4 wheels dismounted, mounted balanced and bolted on the car. 2 fucking hours. two of us used to do all of that in fifteen minutes.

OMG, you people killing me, lets put this another way.

can you imagine walking into any respectable shop and saying “I’d like 4 tires dismounted” and then picture them saying “no problem, that will be $5 and you’ll be on the road in no more then 5 minutes”.

that’s what I thought, so STFU.