Cost to Repaint-how much is reasonable?

Assuming the trim, door handles, bumpers, grille, etc., are removed, and that 4 panels are stripped down to the bare metal, actual bodywork is minimal (a few dings, chips, and scratches), and the car is color-sanded and buffed…what’s a reasonable estimate for a base/clearcoat paint job these days? I’ve gotten estimates from $3000 to $8000…what’s a reasonable range, give or take $1000 or $1500 either way? Also, what’s a reasonable period of time for the car to be in the shop? I live in the North Hills, but I’ll travel if the shop has a good rep and their work is fairly priced. Thanks.

send a pm to Oneslowbowtie

last summer i paid a total of 2500 for a complere repaint and fender repair

they also fixed alot of small dents and dings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/pinfieldrx7/fourm%20pics/PICT0731.jpg

theres a shop south of pittsburgh that can beat prettymuch anyprice u give him,
his names gabe 412 969 0133 hes real good and easy to deal with give him a call hes pretty slow right now, so its a perfect time he prob could knock it out in a week if a week
what kind of car?
color change?

What kind of car, are u going with the same coler or coler change?

'95 black Caprice LT1, I’m gonna stick with black. Now that I have the GTO, I can play with the Caprice. I think I’m going to turn it into a cloned Impala. I’m not looking for the cheapest paint job around. I’m trying to strike a balance between quality and price. Most of the shops are coming in around 3-4k. Even Mascari’s, which somebody made a post is considered to be expensive, is at around 4k.

damn, Pin, your paint looks good. who did it?

Mascaris is alot…

Oneslowbowtie will do a quality job and save you some cash

mascari is 1/2 ass unless you pay them well, I have many examples of how low end they can be…

quadman i sent u a pm give me a call and come check out some of my work and maybe i can set up a time to check out your car