couple SIQ GTO's

thought ide throw up a couple of pics of 3 GTO’s we recently finished, one LS1 gto with american racing headers and a magnuson super charger with 8lbs of boost, one with a built motor/tranny/ and an STS kit, and an LS2 with SLP headers with cats and 6lbs from a magnuson.

LS1 made 432 HP and 466 TQ

LS2 made 458 HP 437 TQ

LS1 vs LS2 graph

and last but certanitely not least Phils STS GTO

Phils GTO ran an 11.3 @ 116 letting off with 12 psi, and 11.3 @ 122 on 11 psi. phil bracket races the car almost every week at NYIRP and doesnt have a cage yet which is why he is letting off, he doesnt want to get kicked out. despite our constant badgering to up the boost and run 10’s he wont do it untill he is caged. The motor is well capable of more boost, its a low compression LME built block with stock heads, cam and intake, with a built 4L60E.

GTO is nice :tup:

I spun and ran a terrible time against it last night :slight_smile:

Damn…I’m lovin the STS one, nice times.

looks great!!! Nice to see the roots style blower, however does the connecting the pullys from the rear of the SC to the front belt system sacrafice any of it’s power making… just wondering… obviously they are running strong! :gotme:

[quote=“slow84ta,post:4,topic:35701"”]

looks great!!! Nice to see the roots style blower, however does the connecting the pullys from the rear of the SC to the front belt system sacrafice any of it’s power making… just wondering… obviously they are running strong! :gotme:

[/quote]

I would think that the power lost is well offset from the potential power loss from routing the air intake to the rear of the engine. Older SC’d 3800 V6 Monaro CV6’s had an elbow in the back of the engine to accomodate an intake - but having two fewer cylinders, there was more “room to play with”, as it were.

THe GTOs love them Maggies.

ls2 really didnt make that much more power eh?

edit: ah its 2lbs less, still tho

Hmmm 26 HP for (+)18CI but (-) 2 PSI? Doesn’t seem that far off…

And I remember seeing those LS1 headers go in - and was drooling all over the Maggie, too…

Too bad I’ll never have a fast one. Shit, I need to put $1k into the supsension and another $500 on tires just so its reliable. :frowning:

Not sure I could justify a Maggie when a APS TT kit is almost the same $$. But then again I wouldn’t boost a stock LS 1 anyway cuz I don’t want to blow it up.

What is the reasoning why the LS1 has more power and torque below about 5500 RPM, but then the LS2 has the advantage above that?

drag bags are cheap, and work great

[quote=“evilsrt,post:10,topic:35701"”]

What is the reasoning why the LS1 has more power and torque below about 5500 RPM, but then the LS2 has the advantage above that?

[/quote]

Perhaps it’s the breathing. LS2’s have a larger bore (4.000" vs. 3.900"), and therefore larger valves. They also have the old LS6 (243-code) heads, which are also freer-breathing. It probably makes up for the (-) 2 lbs of boost difference up top.

And for me, my car’s more a DD rather than a track car, so a flat torque curve that the Maggie gives is a good thing.

LOL

I’ve got to toss this old school one in your thread.This is truly siqqqq.

ls2 has a different cam and 243 heads with 90 mm throttle body which will give you a lil more hp up top , the ls1 has 241 heads with 75 mm throttle body and different cam , but also with 1 7/8 primary headers without cats which will give you more mid range power especially with the maggie , the ls2 had 1 3/4 primaries with cats , the headers were the only other mod done to these gtos besides the maggie and tuning otherwise they were stock .

The sts gto is also running stock manifolds and stock cats by the way . The car is capable of 10’s if he ran it all out not letting off for brackett racing which is what he likes to do . We built the car to run 11.5’s by customer request but exceeded it by a bit depending on how you launch the car . After some discussion with our customer that owns the car , because he has broken out a few times for going to fast and being hassled a bit for being under 11.5 , if he has to cage it he wants us to build it to run 9’s so if that is the case then we will see !

Mike

Oh man those are some sweet goats.

<-envioius!

Diggin the cars, but I don’t see why you would build a motor and run 11psi. With stock compression, 11psi would prolly give about 550rwhp. I know, I know, FUCK RELIABILITY. Blow it up, then rebuild it. 96-01 cobras with hp performance twin turbos make 540ish(they have dynos on there site) with 11psi, and i have seen some of them last awhile like that(don’t have factory forged internals like 03-04’s and have 9.85cr) and +05’s make 500ish(P and J have proved so) with kenne bells. these are only 300hp cars to start with. I do really like these cars tho, just don’t be afraid to push them LS1’s, they are indeed tough.

he wanted to run 11.5’s this year, and get caged over the winter to run 10’s or 9’s next year. that is why he is letting off and running low boost, so he doesn’t get booted.

VERY nice goats… I’m also jelous

with any luck, my goat gets procharged this winter

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:18,topic:35701"”]

VERY nice goats… I’m also jelous

with any luck, my goat gets procharged this winter

[/quote]

I’ll lend a hand if you end up doing the install yourself. Might even convince me to bump the Expedition out of the garage and into the driveway if you need a place to do the work, assuming it’s not going to be some 2 month process.

thanks jay :tup: I’ll be sure to get a hold of ya