Cracked Rotors

I have Brembo cross drilled rotors all around with the stock calipers. The previous owner put these in. Here is the problem and I didn’t notice this when i first got the car. Now when i took the wheels off today. There are cracks are up and down… straight crack and developed right where the holes are. And almost every hole has these crack only in the front tho… the back seems fine. I’m am a pretty “spirited” driver. even on the highway I brake hard at high speeds. I’m thinking It’s because of that. I’v never hit a large puddle with hot rotors even then… there not warped just cracked. What is the cause and solution?

spiderwebbing happens because of excessive hard braking,time for new rotors

Im sure it will happen again… Time for 300zx ?

I’ve heard, no experience, that brembo blanks are your best bet.

even with zx brakes it’ll still do it, its just one of the con’s with cross drilled rotors unless u buy real cross drilled rotors which are forged already with the cross drilled, problem when u buy normal cross drilled rotors its forged blank then drilled afterwards huge difference

next time don’t get cross drilled, get some good high temp pads like ebc instead

holes increase the cooling effectiveness of the brakes so they are ideal when the rotors are kept hot for long periods without fully cooling down… if you do allow them to drop back to ambient you get stress fractures, it’s inescapable, the metal shrinks at a different rate around the holes, and cast iron being brittle cracks

yes properly drilled/forged rotors will last much longer but eventually can suffer the same outcome

there are tricks they do to help like chamfering the holes and reducing the internal venting near the holes for more even distribution of heat… the average ebay cross-drill special is junk

well the previous owner i got it from listed it as “brembo” Im not sure if it actually is brembo. What about just slotted?