Crank but no start??

Can timing cause this to happen, my engine cranks but it doesnt start, sometimes cylin. 1 fires but other than that my engine doesnt start, can the CAS positioning or timing chain cause it to make these symptoms?
oh ps, i also changed my timing chain before engine swap.

Tnx!

Check your wiring maybe? Or what about the battery? Mine was nearly dead in my car after I hadn’t driven it for 2 weeks and just barely started.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Is it getting fuel?? Mine sounded like that when my fuel pump died. It would just turn and turn like it wanted to start.

That really sounds like an ignition problem. Check all the wires and your distributor, sometimes they can come loose. You might have to take them out and reconnect them to be on the safe side… Just an idea :slight_smile:

it makes this one cylinder boom boom noise, then it floods, it can constantly crank though.
also I was wondering if anyone tell me where to find a wiring diagram of the S13 sr20 ECU, need to try a couple of otherthings like bad grounds.

http://www.sr20det.nismo.org/srtech.htm

My advcie is to redo the coil pack harness with new grounds, if that deos not solve it i would remove the harness again and go over everywire and loot for chaffing or some sports where the insulation looks weak.

I patched mine up in close to 50 places becasue i would rather be safe then sorry. Also check for spark on all cylinders and maybe try changing the coilpacks around.

it could be as simple as changing your spark plugs. Check those anyways.

thanks for the ecu diagram, yeh i still have the sparks from japan :oops: thought htey looked ok, ill try that, and the coil pack switch around idea too, thnx all!

i’m having the same problem, where it will crank but wont start. Theres no spark going to the plugs, the battery is good and i’m lost. I took the engine out of my car and it was running strong, then put it in this car, and it’ll just keep cranking. We had to rewire the wires going to the coil because the clips had been cut. We just put ends on them so they can go on the prongs entering the coil. Can anyone do me a big favor and help me out. I need to know the voltage on the 5 wires going to the coil. If anyone has a running 89-90 240 with a ka24de that i could come test with a multi meter that would help alot. Could it be that i just need to use the right plugs instead of using small connector clips on each wire. There not touching so i cant see there being a problem. It looks like this

Transistor Bottom of coil
________ _____
l l l l
l l l l
I I I I I
WT GN BLK GN BLK

So if anyone knows the volts that should be entering here that would be great. Also if its not the wiring, how does the coil know when to fire? I heard this could be the problem. Thanks.