Crank pulley problem

I’m tearing down a motor to build it and have run into a problem. When trying to get the crank pulley off it broke. As in the outer part separated from the inner part that is on the crank. I need to get what is left of the pulley off the crank to get the timing cover off (the motor is a ka24de). I’ve tried using a beefy flat head to pry it off but it just keeps breaking off pieces of it. Any one know of a way to get this sucker off w/o damaging the crank?

pictures will help.
its hard to tell from your wording what is exactly broken/stuck etc. no clear image for me.

Damn. King’s crank pulley was frozen on his VG30 and we VERY CAREFULLY used a Dremel (Newman’s favorite) to SLOWLY cut down to the gap where the crank key was. Once down there we VERY CAREFULLY used a chisel and hammer to crack it off the rest of the way as to not damage the crank. It’s a tedious process.

Have you tried using a puller?

x2 for trying a puller.

It sounded to me like he did use a puller and that’s how the outer part of the pulley separated from the inner. I could definitely be wrong though.