Crank pulley problem

I’m tearing down a motor to build it and have run into a problem. When trying to get the crank pulley off it broke. As in the outer part separated from the inner part that is on the crank. I need to get what is left of the pulley off the crank to get the timing cover off (the motor is a ka24de). I’ve tried using a beefy flat head to pry it off but it just keeps breaking off pieces of it. Any one know of a way to get this sucker off w/o damaging the crank?

If there is two bolt holes in the pulley you can use a puller. I think most nissan pulleys from that era have them.

mabey a little bit of heat???..try a cheapo popane torch and slowly heat it up???

The holes are where it cracked off. None left that I can use.

I’ll think about the propane. I do have an air chisel, but I feel like I’ll end up ruining the crank with that.

no air chisel…not yet any ways…what was the pully made of???you say peices keep breaking off…is it aluminum or a cast _____??

Looks cast to me.

seeing on how you have to take the crank out to rebuild it i’d say just chip away carefully or drill holes in it 2 weaken it and break it off in 1 big piece to get to the timing cover bolts…unless you are only doing head/cams then you still have to chip away at it to get to your cover bolts…

Can you weld something to whats left of the pulley. soak in some PB blaster and try tapping it with a hammer.

Post a picture of how it is cuurently left

Doing a full rebuild, so I can hack it up all i want, i just don’t want to damage the crank. I’m already using this as an excuse to get an underdrive pulley.

I dont own a welder so thats not really an option (unless I can find someone out here to loan me one). I’ll get a picture in a minute.

huge pictures ahead:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=1c0dff0edd&view=att&th=12957c0cff0f6dbb&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=1c0dff0edd&view=att&th=12957c24896f4406&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

if ya reusin the crank dont heat it , only backyard hicks do that if ya can nut and bolt the puller into the pulley and use that

i’ll have to get that style puller, i used the claw style to break it. napa should have something like that right? Since I didn’t see any like that at sears

go to adv auto , they have a tool rental deal . once ya bring it back ya get your money back ,there kit has it