Replacing Crank Pulley

Well when i got the block the other 2 pulleys were already off and apparently the crank pulley was lightened, but I decided to go with a CTR N1 pulley anyways. So i go to remove the old pulley and I’m looking at my haynes manual for the torque specs…and it says in bold don’t use an impact gun, makes sense, but now I’m not sure how to get it off. The block is on an engine stand btw. Any help would be appreciated. God I’m such a noob. lol

I think you can take it off with an impact gun. just don’t try to torque the new one on with the impact gun.

ive takin mine off with an impact 12 times,its fine

just use an impact, but like sickboy said dont torque the new one down with a gun use a torque wrench and youl be fine

use a Chain/Strap Wrenche

using an impact to put it on is fine.
most b-series motors call for 130 foot pounds.

how much are those N1’s?

from 75-100

i paid 90…they are so perty and little!

you guys are so speedy. much thanks for the help.

anytime boss

Did you get it on yet?

P/N please!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-N1-HONDA-CIVIC-CTR-Crank-Pulley-B16-B17-B18-B20_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem380071745333QQitemZ380071745333

damnit, this thing is really on there! cranked the pressure all the way up to 120 psi and not even a budge. Tried heating it up and still nothing. The only other thing i could think to do was bolt a piece of stock to the flywheel mount and let it hit the engine stand to keep the whole assembly from rotating?

i put vise grips on the flywheel and used a breaker bar to get the bolt out. but i wasnt reusing my flywheel.

flywheel is off, and its on an engine stand, so putting the flywheel back on is near impossible without taking it off the engine stand. not to mention i dont have an extra junk flywheel. Someone has to have some useful information for me.

you’ll have to buy a crank pulley holder from napa then.

does anyone have this tool or one similar? Moroso makes one too i guess. Gonna call Advance tomorrow to see if they have a loaner tool, but if anyone has one let me know please.

http://www.otctools.com/newcatalog/products/4731_1842.jpg

OTC #4731

that’s a nono.

and for the impact, your gun may just suck. IR or snapon cranked to 120 should have no probs at all.