Crankwalk question for DSM owners

I’ve been searching around for info regarding “crankwalk” on 2g eclipses. I’m a little confused on which engines and tranny this problem applies to (turbo or N/A; manual or auto)

Thanks!

Turbo Manual 7 bolt 4g63 motors. (93-99) although 99 seemed to have a very low chance.

BTW any motor can “walk” a crank.

they switched to the seven bolt block in 1992.5 some first gen bodies had them too. To be sure, just check the build date on the drivers side door panel

Ohhh…so it only affects the GS-T and GSX. Is it expensive to replace the crankshaft and/or bearings?

Typical fix is to drop a pre-93 motor in AKA a 6bolt swap. Once that is done, it’s usually “fixed” but like Jskrapper said, any motor can walk it’s crankshaft…

its easy to spot too, usualy sounds like a horse with metal feet …

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/crankwalk3.jpg

:lol: out for a stroll.

yeah, but with a DSM its more like a sprint than a walk

Bwwwwhahahahahahahaha that pic is fooking great :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Depends on who’s DSM you are talking about.

Nice pick HRK.lol This is also a classic.

bwahahaha, i thought there was another one

Is the 420a engine reliable? I found a really good deal for a 95 GS to use as a daily driver. My dad’s been taking my CRX to work cuz of rising gas prices and now i got no car. =(

Reliable enough…Just don’t get any ideas about turboing it

:word: My Avenger hasn’t had any problems thus far, and hopefully will continue to. I must say that most engines/cars will be reliable when taken car of. Lemons (and domestics) being the exception.

I kid, I kid.