where can i weigh the car?

Andrew did not start SON240sx, if I remember correctly it was Alex and Phil? (Someone please correct me)

A_Ahmed, I joined this group in 99’ when I bought my first 240sx, it wasn’t bad since there was a common respect. We were all researching and finding new information about performance and performance parts available to our cars (there was no drift scene). You could ask a newb question (which I did) and not get flamed since the person who answered probably just learned the answer to the question a week prior.

Sure there were a few jokes and some big ego’s, as any car scene has!!! When SON tried to go hardcore (Andrew took over) and moved away from Yahoo Groups to phpBB a lot of volatility was introduced since it was highly competitive. (I joined again in 04 since I purchased my second 240sx)

Your right, SON is volatile but mainly to the fact that the 240sx is an established car. There’s hardly a question someone asks that hasn’t been asked before. In a way, it feels like babysitting… “Go search”, “have you looked into it yourself”, “did you clean up after playing”…

Then there’s your question, sure it’s semi-valid (you did no research of your own), not normally asked but there’s a common sense answer. Truck weigh scale, dump, call a race track, talk to a mechanic… etc. You got an answer and how did you respond:

You got made fun off for not knowing what a dump is. Did you even think before writing your response? Did you enter “dump” into Google and see what turned up? Doesn’t this compound the fact that it was originally a weak question? Can you see why some people get irritated?

Next time you want to start a conversation on the internet, back-up your question with some knowledge. Don’t ask where to weigh your car without finding out yourself? Because frankly, asking on SON is not research, it’s being lazy. It tells me that A) I’m better then you and don’t need to do any work and B) It’s not really important to me since I haven’t invested any time into finding out myself.

Do what you will with my analysis, disregard it, make fun of me, and convince yourself that your better then me, I don’t care. However, I do suggest that you re-examine your mode-operandi, not only for our sanity but for yours as well.