Weighed the boat last night.

3030 with out me in it…Still has full carpet…only thing visually missing is the back seats…

Time to put this pig on a diet :slight_smile:

Damn thats less then i got mine down to i think. Last i weighed mine it was 3140 without me that was on 18in wheels with a front swaybar and full interior. I never got to weigh it in full race prep.

That seems pretty like to me…then again my car is 3200 without me:(

geez, if my 88 LX weighed 3k even, I’d be in the 12’s

I still need a Fiberglass/aftermarket hood thats a huge savings…wheels also.

Agreed. Mine was 3240 loaded at my last IHRA race.

How ‘stock’ is it? I’m assuming it’s a Mustang? My LX hatch still has AC, full interior, 17" wheels, stereo shit, all stock body panels, etc…so I guess 3200 isn’t too bad, but I really thought F bods weighed more. Hey, learn something new everyday I guess!

what the hell does a boat have to do with gen auto?

:stuck_out_tongue:

F-bodys do weigh more. But you answer your own question in your post. You explain why ours weighs 3200 lol. Weight removal adds up man. Its not hard to get a f-body to be around 3100lbs without driver. Not at all actually.

Classified IHRA Pure Stock L, so pretty much dead stock, with the exception of gears, full length headers, mufflers, aluminum driveshaft, drag wheels and tires, frame connectors, and filter.

If I remember correctly, my lower weight limit was 32xx pounds. Don’t remember for sure, but I know I was within 10 pounds of it.

According to him his car has been untouched in weight reduction…I was suprised to hear that it was that low. Th only thing that would alter the weight of my car would be a few pounds of stereo and wheels. But these are offset by aluminum heads, aluminum driveshaft, no cats, no smog shit…

And something tells me you probably run 12’s? I’ve seen some pretty quick cars in that style of class. Can you do any port work to stock parts?

His car has plenty of weight reduction. If he implies otherwise its only bescause he is being an asshat. You are correct the our cars are heavier then your stock for stock.

my shit only weighs like 560 with me on it in full gear… sherm.ur fat… just invest in a dif toy already… :slight_smile:

<<— 3500 without driver =(

me driving 3770, wifey 3610

3770 race weight holy smokes lol

not bad sherm not bad at all

get some VOLKS on dat SHIET

< Sub 2500 without driver. Still trying to cut more fat…

Nope. Best time I’ve ever run in my car is a 13.12/101.5, and that was in the mineshaft conditions at a Fun Ford Weekend Spring Break deal in Bradenton, FL. That was also using an electric water pump drive that can’t be used in Pure Stock. Hard to say what the record is now, since it looks like all of the class breaks are different on the IHRA site. But, for what it’s worth, nothing at all can be touched, and if you set a record (which I did about 10 years ago), you’ve got to do a full teardown. Even if any casting flash is ground off, from the throttle body all the way to the exhaust ports, you’re DQ’d.

thats with me in it…she typically runs the car…keep in mind, thats with an 8 pt cage, in a convertible that has little weight reduction and 18" wheels, full interior etc etc.

runs low 12s right now…with no suspension and rookie driver.