crazycheapcars.com

He is a used car salesman. Take the vehicle to a shop you trust. If it checks out go team!

personal experience is he screwed me HARD.
it took the BBB and the attorney generals office but I got back the money they stole from me.
these guys are grade A thieves
AVOID!

That’s how I bought my house.

Skimmed over this thread and saw my post from 2009 about helping a coworkers daughter buy a car there. Funny this thread popped back up, because he just mentioned to me a couple weeks ago how great that car has been for her. Needed nothing but basic maintenance stuff and is fully paid off now.

well basically I looked at a car on a tuesday and had it flat bedded home on weds due to the weather.
when I left tuesday I had signed some dealer paper work and had gotten some financing info but hadn’t finalized the paperwork.
they never said anything about completing the paperwork so when the car showed up I looked in the glovebox and there was a bill of sale with a signature on it (it looked like mine but I did not sign a contract)
The car was online for $12,886, I was charged over $15k for the car plus over $2500 in other bullshit I didn’t want, vin etching, roadside service, undercoating ect ect
I had a contract for $18,000 on a car I had put 10% down on.
I fought on the phone with them, I went in person. they stated that was an “internet only” price and I had to bring in a copy of the ad (which I did), the ad was deactivated by them and they claimed they had no copy of it and unless I could produce one they didn’t know what the car was listed for.
finally they admited they had a copy of the ad and went out of my sight for 20 minutes to retrieve it…
they lied , edited the ad and added (with $2500 cash for trade) even though that still didn’t add up to what I was charged.
To top it off the ad even had the KBB price which was $1300 LESS than what I was charged, they said “supply and demand”.
I was given part of my $$$ back in person after alot of heated discussion, I wanted to push harder for all of it but I am pretty certain I was pretty close to them calling the police on me.
I filed with BBB and the attorney generals and got the rest back.
Over $4,200
total total crooks

anyone that doesn’t have a beef with them either paid in cash or hasn’t looked at the fine print

the tip off should have been they had me sign a disclaimer stating I wouldn’t sue them when I bought the car lol

my buddy bought a car from him about a month ago. i told him not to, he did anyways. since then the car has only been in his posession about a week.

the day be brought it home the check engine light came on on the way home. then the driver side door wouldnt lock. week later it has to go back because the fuel pump took a shit. now it has something going on with the turbo and is not driveable, again.

i tried telling him to get out of the car. too late now.

edit: as of what i know now, they are not doing anything about fixing the turbo issue.

Mrs. Jam grew up in Batavia, I wanted to see what she had to say…

“He’s part of the weird cult church in Batavia. He only employs members of the parish. As for his daughter. She had a scholarship for sports but I can’t remember where. He refused to help her because he didn’t want her to leave home. He basically forced her to come home and bought her house. As soon as she was home, she was all of a sudden engaged to the preachers son. Creepy!”

Then I asked if they went to school together-

"Hell no! She went to Elba. My friend Xxxs went to school with her and my friend Xxx’s brother got sucked into the cult. He got in trouble for some money issues with his dealerships but I can’t remember why. Why did you ask me this?

I told her someone on a local forum got screwed by him

“He is absolutely creepy and should not be trusted. I wouldn’t go to him if it was my only choice. Clearly this guy on nyspeed is a fool. His dealership is called Crazy Cheap Cars. The name is even weird!”

And there you have it!

ha no not a fool I am just in disbelief that a business that operates in NY state is allowed to do such underhanded things.
Al Vaughters needs to stop fooling with people getting scammed over a pair of sabres tickets on craigslist and help shut these fools down.
The car was a good deal but only at the price it was advertised at

anyone that wants a good read look them up on BBB, the details are locked right now because my case against them is still technically open.
they have a score of “F” and had something crazy like 36 complaints in the past 24 months

For what its worth my BBB case was open 2 weeks with no activity. I sent the attorney general the info on monday and on saturday Mike O himself was calling me to tell me he was sending me my money, he took no responsibility and said it was out of “good will” and acted like this was a hardship on them and ‘I’ was the bad guy in the situation lol

Bought a jeep from them a few years back the buying process was a nightmare had several things go wrong with it as well, Id recommend not buying anything there.

i drove all the way out there to look and test drive a pontiac G8 GT. well, needless to say when i got there the car wouldnt start do to a bad fuel pump that they forgot to mention before i drove all the way out there. I drove home never to return again. lol lesson learned

Sounds like all of his cars are crazy cheap because they are crazy shit adessa run-thrus that other dealers dont want

people say lawyers are bad…this guy sounds like a complete scumbag