crazycheapcars.com

That place is owned by mike ognibene

And that there is enough reason not to shop there.

http://www.ronlund.com/Bag/toolbag_small.jpg

If you’re trying to reference him as being a “tool box” that probably isn’t the most effective picture for your illustration. That’s more of a tool bag or sack. I get it, though.

first post in the thread, and he probably is

Ding ding!

Bump. Went there with a co-worker to check out a car for his daughter with him.

Price was about 2-3k less than anyone else in a 50 mile radius (as far as he was willing to go) and this was on a $8k car so a pretty significant savings. Walked in, got a copy of his license, and tossed us the keys. Car was perfect other than a missing spare tire and a little surface corrosion on one of the front rims.

Talked to the sales guy and they said they’d clean up the rim and find the spare tire. Didn’t seem real willing to come down much on price but considering he was already at the KBB suggested trade in.

Coworker called the next day and did all the registration/insurance stuff over the phone. Went out Friday and picked up the car, all detailed, front rim looked great, spare tire was found.

All in all a good experience. The night I was there and the day he picked up the car the place was real busy too.

Anyone have an updated experience with this place? They have a car on their lot I’d like to go look at.

Thanks

Only update I have is the Grand Prix my coworker’s daughter bought is still hers today and it’s been a great car.

deaerrated.com seems to have a ton of pissed off people that have dealt with them lately, although most poor reviews seem to be connected to dealer financing which I would probably get my own through a credit union.

Most complaints are people not reading fine print or making retarded deals. When I was going to pick up a corvette from them they said they can finance me no problem so I had them run it. They came back with 14%, lol. I said I’ll put a deposit on the car and get my own financing tomorrow but they wouldn’t hold it for me and said I really should take their deal then refinance with my company. Riiiiight.

I used to work with the Sales manager and 3 of the sales people there. I would personally stay away. I’d rather pay a bit more and get a car from a dealership that’s local, and will stand by their cars.

I deal with these tards all the time, service mostly. I know a few people that they have given the run around to during the buying experience. I really think its hit or miss.

Keep in mind when dealing with Mike O(owner) ,that Ford Motor Co. doesnt just pull your franchise for no reason.

I presume they were a franchise dealer prior to the shady buy here pay here MO currently?

yes. Mike Ognibene Ford

I assume they lost their franchise for not being profitable. a few years back ford dropped a ton of dealers for that reason.

No, it was before that, and for other reasons…

Something something crook? He had a problem with Ford Motor Credit when they came to see him to discuss his floor plan, and certain things came up missing…allegedly :shrug:

Nope, more than that. Was a big news story back then

http://dragonflyeye.net/blog/2007/07/31/ognibene-company-heaves/

My dad’s, girlfriends, daughter just traded in her G6 for a caddy and its having all sorts of problems. They are telling her " because its a GM you have to bring it back to us for warranty work"
o_O WTF your a buy here pay here place?
The door won’t randomly won’t open, the wipers randomly turn on and off.