Credit Score Question.

I just went to www.AnnualCreditReport.com and got my free credit report. All of it looks accurate and good, but i didn’t realize it does not give you your credit score. It was done through Equifax and there was an option for FICO, should I have done that, or is there a better place to get your credit score? Prefurably free.

I havent found one that gives your score for free yet, let me know if you find one please

go to your bank, and get preapproved for a mortgage. if you ask nicely they will give you your 3 credit scores.

You get it for free like once a year… I found some place right on Yahoo’s main page before…

isnt it freecreditreport.com?

i dunno, i use truecredit.com $15/mo, it is credit monitoring though, so it does more than just give you your scores

^ That is a scam.

oh - sorry didn’t know, i’m sure someone has gotten their free report, i know that everyone is entitled to 1 a year

I couldn’t find a place to get it for free, so I just paid $5 or whatever through one of the reputable places and got it that way (after getting the free credit report).

I did the free report check from annualcreditreport.com, made sure the info was right at all three and then just paid the $7 or what ever it was from one of them to see the actual FICO score. I mean come on, it’s $7 freakin dollars. Stop being so cheap. :slight_smile:

how is this a scam?

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/09/dont_fall_for_f.html

Google, use it, learn it, love it. It took 2 seconds to find that.

annualcreditreport.com is the one that the FTC recommends that you go to. It is the only free credit report.

Everything else is a scam, trying to sell you account watches, and bullshit like that.

My credit has all good accounts, I will be good to go with buying a house.

I got my report for free. Somehow it seems as if people didn’t read my original post. My question was if getting my credit score from one place would be better than from another. I already have the report.

I always thought there were 3 credit companies that are used for a credit score. I remember reading an article where one person had some things taken off of one credit report but were still on the other two, therefore they still showed up on a credit report.

Honestly, I don’t see if its worth it to pay the 7 bucks.

You can look at your account history from the 3 bureaus.

If you have a good history, all positive accounts, and no negatives, then a 3 digit number shouldn’t matter to you.

I’m not even going to bother. If you aren’t willing to pay to find out what your score is, you obviously don’t care enough about it anyways. Quit wasting everyones time.

I used annualcreditreport.com when I had to contest 2 things on there. Equifax :tup: easy way to get your score as mentioned is apply for a loan at a bank, they will let you know it if you ask. If you don’t want to do that, typically whatever place you got your credit report from will also let you pay like 7.95 for your score.

And you’ll take a hard credit pull, negatively effecting your CR/score :bloated:

OK, I paid and I am not really happy with the result but it says it is low mainly because I have a very short credit history.

I once did a “free” one and 30 days later I got charge 29 bucks for it. I called, they can’t do anything about it because it was in the fine print… oh well :frowning: