Cross-Threaded Lug Nuts, HELP!

Hey guys, I went to get my tire patched up but I found out that I have 2 lug nuts on my driver side wheel that are cross threaded and 1 on the passenger front side. And because of that, they said that they can’t patch my tire up and they said that I should go to crappy tire to get it fixed. However, before I do that, i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what can be done? Thanks!

Mark

You will probably have to replace the bolt and the nuts, Not overly amounts of work. Be ur safest bet anyways

Sounds like you gotta change the Studs. Not expensive at all. MAYBE 5.00 each if that.

get 3 studs and nuts. There easy to replace.

hey thanks guys, but anyone here know how to get the lug nuts off? at walmart, the guy was like, well it might break off the stud and we can’t fix it, and they did not really know how to get the lug nut off either.

go back to the idiot who cross threaded your lug nuts and demand compensation.

i bought it from a used car dealership lol, i can try though. thanks :slight_smile:

ive got a complete hub with studs and everythign attached pm me if your interested

pm’d

wtf, if he cant figure out how to take out a stud he shouldnt be touching your tire, or changing peoples oil.

go get him fired

how to get a stud out?—grab a baby sledge, I perfer a hachet, something blunt/heavy, take off wheel first, then hammer away, if the studs were being kept i’d say thread a lug on it then hammer, if they’re junk, it don’t matter.

ask them how they safetied the car then??!! Usually yo have to take the rim off to check brakes no??!! LOL! Interesting. let me know the name of the business so i can never buy a car there.

the name of the business is called “The Auto Place”