Cruise Control: How often do you use it?

How often do you use your cruise?

I am a cruise nazi. I use it all the time, it keeps me from excessively speeding. The thing that blows my mind is how many people don’t use it on the highway. I set my cruise at about 64 in a 55 and people constantly pass me then slow down to 60 or so in front of me. I only use the middle and right hand lanes unless I can pass on the right without blocking someone. I feel slightly pissed off when I have to disengage my cruise because someone felt like passing me just to slow down. So I’m trying to figure out how many people actually use their cruise and feel the same way.

on the thruway and 55 mph roads. i usually set it about 8mph over and keep it at that. or if im coming home late at night when cops are out looking for anything and everything

as much as i can

Use it any time I’m doing over 30mph and it’s not heavy traffic.

I set my cruise at the speed limit unless I’m on the thruway, then depending on where I am, I might go 3 over.

Fuck speeding and speeders, you arent in that much of a hurry and your not that busy or important.

My favorite is where someone tailgates you, speeds to pass you, passes you, then you pull up directly next to them at a light, or they get stuck behind a slower line of cars, and you pass them at the light.

i dont have cruise on any of my cars, or any that ive ever owned, when im driving a car that does have it, i use it as soon as the ecu lets me, 20mph lol

ever go on a 8 hour drive with no criuse, FML, FMankle

I too have never owned a car with cruise. In cars that I’ve driven that have had cruise, I always used it on the highway for longer trips (at least 1 hour +)

My trofeo has cruise, albeit 20 years old, it still works. My girlfriend’s focus has it as well and we use it a lot. My s15 doesn’t have it :frowning: .

Never. The only time I would use it would be really long thruway trips.

Not equipped,I still dont drive long enough distances to use it though.

Never…and that includes the 800 mile straight-through drives I used to routinely do from Cleveland to Minnesota during college. I’m a ritard when it comes to doing math equations while driving…trying to figure out how long till the next big checkpoiint, so I’m always aware of my speed. I get bored with the cruise on.

I use it here and there, When I can see for a good distance on the thruway Ill put it on if theres little traffic. Those drives to utica are when I use it the most. But I dont understand using it on city streets esp when most of the time its gas brake, gas brake.

evo doesnt have cruise :frowning:

when I made my 3K mile road trip in my turbo car I was really wishing that my cruise was working. not having it makes me inpatient with people driving slower than me which leads to me driving faster and that cycle leads to me being comfortable cruising in the 100+mph category and that leads to excessive fuel consumption.

on the highways of course unless they are really hilly and we all know hondas dont have the tq to go up a hill w/o downshifting lolz

mankle. lol

I ALWAYS use cruise on the highway. 9 over in a 55 or 65. never any problems…

I just drove to NYC with my step mom and she is scared to use cruise. Im like WTF?!?! scared? really? gay. so we were always some where in between 60 and 80. :fail:

all the fucking time…

i <3 cruise control.

I always forget about it. then I rediscover it, use it often, then forget about it again.

in the non-winter I don’t drive as much (used to ride a bike often in Buffalo, but i use it more than my car down in VA. currently dd’ing the e30, which doesn’t have cruise. sucks

Don’t have it, but when I did… Never.

I used it a decent amount until the speedometer stopped working, I should really fix that…