Cruise control problem

Hi,
I have an 89 240SX. My cruise works fine - but not all the time. When I go over a bump sometimes the cruise cuts-off. And then i cannot activate the cruise control. Sometimes it begins to start working after a few minutes or sometimes only after the car is turned off & then started again.

Anyone had similar probs? I was told by a friend to clean up all the connectors in the cruise module.

Any suggestions regarding this would be very helpful…

Thanks

sorry i don’t know what is the problem for it but i got kind of the same problem too… but worst i guss because my cruise control doesn’t even work at all!!! i try many times on the high way but nothing happens!!! :? and now it still don’t work soo i just don’t use it!!! besides it always fun to step on the gas paddle!!! :roll:

Your clutch pedal is a bit i dont know how to put it but sloppy/loose near the top so when u hit a bump it triggers the cruse kill switch. Just tighten the adjuster screw on the clutch and adjust the kill switch a bit and u should be crusing. :smiley:

Thanks dude. I will try it & see whether it works.

“Cruise kill switch”? Does such a thing even exist? I tried to depress the clutch one time with cruise on, and the engine just started mad-revving, but cruise never turned off.

-10d

Your switch must be defective because all standarts that have cruise have a kill switch on the brake and clutch.

The problem is with the clutch pedal. I am yet to fix it but basically when my cruise cuts out - I just pull the clutch up with my foot - and then click on the cruise - it works every time.

Basically the clutch seems to sit on the kill switch - I will be taking a good look at it , this weekend.

But if anyones cruise is not working - try this out - it might work.

I will see you guys on the Club meet on Sunday!

:smiley:

The clutch is supposta sit on the switch.

When released from the clutch it disengages the Cruise Control.