cruise control???

my gf has a 02 neon without cruise control and i was wondering if there are any neons with cruise control and if so if there is a way to install it??? are there any aftermarket solutions for this?? thanks

The cruise is controlled by the engine’s computer, so it’d mostly be a matter of finding the parts off a wrecked one and swapping stuff over. If the wiring is not in place it becomes helluva hard. I haven’t checked for wiring on a 2nd gen so i don’t know if they would have it or not.

Audiovox makes an aftermarket cruise control that autozone used to sell, not sure if they do anymore. You can probably get it from jcwhitney.

you can def. purchase it from the aftermarket, BUT i dont know anyplace that installs them.

I wouldent be afraid to install one

Ziebart in wexford does them or at least did them

they seriously were still making cars in 02 without cruise!?!? jeez

if neons have cruise available as an option there should still be the provisions for it and then you may just have to swap computers out from a car that had cruise.

I don’t forsee it being a problem. Maybe you should jump onto a Neon forum, I’m sure there are people on there who have tried to polish their turd with some cruise control!

it’s a neon, it’s not a “real” car.

i can’t believe it didn’t come with cruise. it just sucks driving 6 hrs without cruise control

My wife will not use the cruise at all. It drives me nuts. It should be mandatory to use cruise on the highway at 5 over the speed limit so no old fuck is goind 46 in a 65. :smiley:

try it with a carbed vehical. i have to use heavy throttle return springs on my monte because the secondaries like to stick… my calfs are bunning after driving that car

if it is a neon can’t you leave a brick on the gas:D should keep it at about 62mph lol

same on my truck drove it for 45 hrs between two drivers before with no cruise and heavy springs also

:rofl: