CRX>stage 2 SRT4

[quote=“brent_strong,post:320,topic:37965"”]

iamafaggot

[/quote]

brent i love you.

[quote=“woody,post:319,topic:37965"”]

youre not listening. its because there are an extremely small number of fast ones that we deem them slow. You said it yourself…theres ONE corrado in the 9’s, and a few in the 10s. go on hondatech and search the classifieds. im sure you’ll find half a dozen 10 second hatches.

[/quote]

I’m not saying there arent a thousand fast hondas out there. I simply ask why vws are slow and all im getting is alot of people dont heavily mod them … Or they are expensive… Noone has yet to explain logically why they are slow. Sounds like everyone here thinks there slow because it came in the nyspeed manual

are you retarded?

VWs are slow because there are less fast VWs per capita than say, fbods or evos.

If we were to average the 1/4 mile times of every VW enthusiast and average the 1/4 mile times of civic hatchs/stis/evos/fbods/etc etc etc the VW would be SLOWER. What part about this concept are you having difficulty grasping?

[quote=“youknowthis,post:322,topic:37965"”]

I’m not saying there arent a thousand fast hondas out there. I simply ask why vws are slow and all im getting is alot of people dont heavily mod them … Or they are expensive… Noone has yet to explain logically why they are slow. Sounds like everyone here thinks there slow because it came in the nyspeed manual

[/quote]

logically? because they take too much work and money to make fast, and they’re heavy.

its logical to not spend $10,000 to get a VW into the 12’s when you can do it in a honda for like 3k.

its not logical because they break easy and its not cheap to fix.

its logical to buy one to just drive, if you want something fast, dont buy a vw.

is that a good enough logical reason?

oh, and has anyone told you that you fucking suck?

[quote=“youknowthis,post:322,topic:37965"”]

[/quote]

because the highest flowing VW head(per cylinder) pales in comparison to pretty much any honda head, or other manufacturer… even with work done to it.

I cant wait till this weekend.

can we please just do this tonight like I’ve been asking all day my weekend work hours are shitty

WHo wants to race me?
IM down for tonight.

The kid that posted above you.

Nevermind. It’ll be a waste of time.

Cky- do they break easy and there expensive to fix? Sounds a lot like a bmw. You drive 2 cars that are expensive and break easily then. That right there doesn’t sound logical if you want to just drive them.

Haenszel- I’m not trying to convince anyone that vws are faster then hondas, just that to me a fast car is a car that can run 12s or better.

Lets just say you spend 2k on a honda that runs a flat 12 and you spend 5k on a vw to run a flat 12 why is the vw slower then the Honda?

Moding vws are expensive because owning them are expensive
how much do turbo kits cost for bmws or porsches im sure they are extremely expensive

[quote=“youknowthis,post:331,topic:37965"”]

Cky- do they break easy and there expensive to fix? Sounds a lot like a bmw. You drive 2 cars that are expensive and break easily then. That right there doesn’t sound logical if you want to just drive them.

Haenszel- I’m not trying to convince anyone that vws are faster then hondas, just that to me a fast car is a car that can run 12s or better.

Lets just say you spend 2k on a honda that runs a flat 12 and you spend 5k on a vw to run a flat 12 why is the vw slower then the Honda?

Moding vws are expensive because owning them are expensive
how much do turbo kits cost for bmws or porsches im sure they are extremely expensive

[/quote]

e30s are cheap as dirt. as are the parts for them.
when you start making power with your VW you’ll have fun replacing expensive oem parts.

you spend 2k on the honda and 5k on the VW to run the same time. it makes the VW slower because for the same price point of lets say 3k the vw is still much slower than the honda.

do you understand yet?

no way a VW is running flat 12 w/ 5K.

LOLLLLLLL

[quote=“newman,post:333,topic:37965"”]

no way a VW is running flat 12 w/ 5K.

LOLLLLLLL

[/quote]

i think he meant 15k

zomg, this is still going?

i’m not reading 300 posts.

what are the new VW-zealots claiming that they run? 12.X?

[quote=“cky89,post:332,topic:37965"”]

e30s are cheap as dirt. as are the parts for them.
when you start making power with your VW you’ll have fun replacing expensive oem parts.

you spend 2k on the honda and 5k on the VW to run the same time. it makes the VW slower because for the same price point of lets say 3k the vw is still much slower than the honda.

do you understand yet?

[/quote]

we know what youre getting at here but its poorly phrased.

the vw can be just as fast as the honda but for a higher price and more maintenance. we just say that theyre slow because it doesnt make sense to try. its not a good platform to build a fast car for just those two reasons alone, let alone all the others.

to say that our logic is flawed because porsches are fast and expensive isnt exactly right. now youre talking about factory produced / warrantied speed. were talking about modded cars. two completely different things.

again it all boils down to: just race a car that we know pulls 12’s, beat it, and you’ll have proved us all wrong. just do it

[quote=“woody,post:336,topic:37965"”]

we know what youre getting at here but its poorly phrased.

the vw can be just as fast as the honda but for a higher price and more maintenance. we just say that theyre slow because it doesnt make sense to try. its not a good platform to build a fast car for just those two reasons alone, let alone all the others.

to say that our logic is flawed because porsches are fast and expensive isnt exactly right. now youre talking about factory produced / warrantied speed. were talking about modded cars. two completely different things.

again it all boils down to: just race a car that we know pulls 12’s, beat it, and you’ll have proved us all wrong. just do it

[/quote]

thanks, i wasn’t sure how to phrase it.

youknowthis.

I’ll race you in the rain from a dig. I know my car is slow…but I know I will beat you.

I also know I will beat you from a dig on dry pavement too.

As for a roll. You should beat me… atleast I hope you do.
You will NOT beat a 12 sec mustang/transam ect. Those cars are made for ONE THING ONLY to go fast in a straight line. ( and do mad hairy burnouts)

Your car was NOT made fast to go in a straight line.
Can someone please lend this kid 10 grand to spend on his car…and if he doesn’t hit a 12.00 in the 1/4 we get to keep the car?

Face it. your car is a heavy front drive car.
The most horsepower you will get out of it is maybe 300whp and that will NOT get you into the 12’s
Lets just say… in a mathmatical sense

Your car came with 200hp stock.
200 X 15% drivetrain loss = 170whp
APR “claims” 250hp at the flywheel of their stage 1 reflash
(which is retarded becuase I KNOW they did not take out the engine to dyno it)
That gives you about 212.5 whp.
Lets say the “stage 2” reflash bumps you up to 230whp that is an honest 20 more HP to the flywheel ( I can’t see it giving you any more)

For comparison. My turbo delsol put down 220whp and ran a 13.7 when evil jay had it.

That car is about 1000# lighter than your car.

Figure every 100# ~ out to about a tenth off your 1/4 mile time.

your car…mathmaticaly should run a 14.5~

With all the magazine racing in this thread I figure I’d just add some more.

While people are running very high 13’s with a “stage2” reflash… I highly doubt you will touch a low 13 in your car.

vw’s fucking suck get over it, u cant change the truth

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:338,topic:37965"”]

youknowthis.

I’ll race you in the rain from a dig. I know my car is slow…but I know I will beat you.

I also know I will beat you from a dig on dry pavement too.

As for a roll. You should beat me… atleast I hope you do.
You will NOT beat a 12 sec mustang/transam ect. Those cars are made for ONE THING ONLY to go fast in a straight line. ( and do mad hairy burnouts)

Your car was NOT made fast to go in a straight line.
Can someone please lend this kid 10 grand to spend on his car…and if he doesn’t hit a 12.00 in the 1/4 we get to keep the car?

Face it. your car is a heavy front drive car.
The most horsepower you will get out of it is maybe 300whp and that will NOT get you into the 12’s
Lets just say… in a mathmatical sense

Your car came with 200hp stock.
200 X 15% drivetrain loss = 170whp
APR “claims” 250hp at the flywheel of their stage 1 reflash
(which is retarded becuase I KNOW they did not take out the engine to dyno it)
That gives you about 212.5 whp.
Lets say the “stage 2” reflash bumps you up to 230whp that is an honest 20 more HP to the flywheel ( I can’t see it giving you any more)

For comparison. My turbo delsol put down 220whp and ran a 13.7 when evil jay had it.

That car is about 1000# lighter than your car.

Figure every 100# ~ out to about a tenth off your 1/4 mile time.

your car…mathmaticaly should run a 14.5~

With all the magazine racing in this thread I figure I’d just add some more.

While people are running very high 13’s with a “stage2” reflash… I highly doubt you will touch a low 13 in your car.

[/quote]

sounds like it would be a good run for me.