CSRT4 wiring (dealership guys, Help!)

Can anyone get their hands on an electrical schematic for a Dodge Caliber SRT-4? Or at least tell me how the computer knows which gear the car is in?

My problem is that the PCM limits boost, throttle% and power/tq in the lower gears. My goal is to make the PCM think it is in a less restricted gear via jumper, splice or some sort of harness. It is beyond frustrating when you press the pedal down more just to have the throttle close on you.:tdown:

Tune?? SRT forums??

I’ve been digging through the forums. Nobody really makes a tuner for the car - basiclly you need the $350 non-tunable stage 1 computer and/or the AEM FIC to run more than 10psi. I’d like to see if $5 of wire and heatshrink could get similar results.

diablo doesnt tune for these yet?

nah, diablo teased about it for a year or so but never made anything. I do have a MAP/TIP sensor voltage clamp (it hides boost pressure from the computer so you can crank it up a little), but the factory computer still throws engine lights and dumps the car into ‘limp mode’.

After a few beers last night I said wtf and ordered the mopar stage 1 afterall - we’ll see if all the hype is true. That with the adjustable wastegate actuator and the MAP/TIP sensor clamp should be enough to play with for a little while…

i would have to imagine the sensors are on the outside of the tranny or possibly on the shifter box, maybe do a little searching around?

I only see one on top of the transmission with two wires coming out. Maybe the thing uses rpm and wheel speed to figure out which gear its in.

Regardless - when the stage 1 computer gets here I need the throttle setpoint re-calibrated by the dealership - anybody want to make some side cash?

i always wondered why the caliber srt was WAYY slower than the old one, it has an extra gear and an extra 50 hp and tq but its like half a sec slower in the quarter, it doesnt look like it weighs way more, hopefully you can open her up

The neons had a limited slip differential to aid traction - this thing uses the left and right front brakes to curb wheel spin :confused:

Just got a quote from the dealership. 105 bucks to calibrate the pcm and then the fun starts.

Then your username will begin making sense :stuck_out_tongue: