Rev limiter problem,

I was wondering if someone here might help me out, a friend of mine has a 90 5spd 240sx, it has been built into a race car for his daughter to run at flamborough speedway, the first run about she hit the rev limiter and the fuel shutoff, I did some searching on your boards here and found to use a PCM from a auto car, and we did so, from another 90 auto 240sx, that got rid of the fuel shutoff but it still hits the rev limiter, what ways can we get rid of this?. The idea we have is to splice in a switch to the tach signal wire to the CPU, so once the car is started we just flip the switch and rely on the crank sensor, but there must be another way, any help would greatly be appreciated, even bouncing off the rev limiter it was still one of the fastest cars in the feature last weekend.

Thanks for your time.

Bruce

Unplug the 4th and 5th gear sensors on the tranny. Its not the one on the very back of the tranny(thats the speed sensor)…its the two infront of that. The car will only hit the rev limiter in 4th and 5th…if shes getting it in any other gears its something to do with the spedometer wether it be the one in the cluster itself or the speed sensor on the tranny. If the ECU gets a sketchy speed signal it can randomly cut your fuel.

You can program an Eprom chip to increase the rev limit. Check out www.HybridKA.com, Your ecu doesn’t require an extension board.

Thanks guys, ill let him know, just trying to help out and get this car going, is there not a local company that does tuning for these cars in Brampton? i thought I saw them on here but i cant find them again.

Bruce

Well he tried the method of unplugging the senors on he tranny, he was surprised to find out he didnt have them plugged in anyway and the car hits the rev limiter in 2nd gear at 6700 rpm, he has gone to a 1/4 taller tire for this weekends race but really would like to get rid of the rev limiter, anyone have a idea how to get rid of it on these 90 240’s?

Im not sure if im correct ( anyone correct me if im wrong) but try using an auto ECU.

his original post says he tried that already.

If your friend doesn’t mind spending some cash he can get the greddy spd cut box lol (I dont know what its called). The one i’m using is a pivot racing speed/rev cut I paid $180 for it from pacific mall