Rev Limiter

I bought a parts car with another KA in it with 40k.
I drove the parts car with the engine and it ran absolutely fine…
Now since I swapped the motor into my car, I cant drive pass 5000rpm in gear, now if i miss-shift and hit the gas in neutral it goes to redline, or if i gas it in neutral it still redlines, but in any gear it wont go past 5k…
I swapped the ECU from the parts car thinkin maybe the motor needs its old ECU, didnt help…

Any ideas guys??? WTF!

is ur speedometer working?

Does it seem like fuel cut (definitive sudden cut in power)? Maybe a wiring issue…it’s supposed to do that in 5th gear only on a stock 240 AFAIK.

Speedo works, and seems quite accurate…
A fuel cut, yes, to be more descriptive, Its not the same thing as redline as bouncing off a limiter, it seems more cut out like a quick loss of fuel/bog and then continues back at 4000rpms…
I know its supposed to do it when its in 5th gear only, Ive had it happen…
Im thinkin if your saying wiring, then i know that it could be my dad because i had finished the swap and a couple of the sensors/plugs in the tranny (3 out of 5) were torn and he had re-wired the cars harness into the new tranny sensors? Any idea which sensor is which? FSM??
Any other ideas?
Thanks

the first two on the passenger side closest to the engine are ur 4th and 5th gear sensors, the one on top of the tranny closer to the back is ur speedo sensor

Cool, Ill take a look tommorow. Thanks

Hey man, I don’t know if you’ve seen this but it’s another option for you once you make sure all your sensor’s are correct.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=26509

Take care.

Easy 8)