custom box

go for it lol

pull the speakers u have now. purchase a set for ~100 and install that upfront. this way you’ll have normal sound there. next step is to build an enclosure and obtain an amp for the sub. once all thats in, you can add rear speakers if you still want those. i have no rear speakers in my car. theres just the two mids and two tweeters and the sub. take it one step at a time and each time it will continue to provide at least decent music with each consecutive step making it better and better heading for the full setup.

One problem, aren’t the fronts like 4x6 or something small? I’m running 5x7’s in the front and they suck. So I installed Rockford Fosgate components in my rear deck, 6.5". They sounds good. But it screws up the sound stage crap. :lol

easily fixed. you can use whats called trim rings. i prefer to make my own panels using the door itself to design them, but the rings are the simplest way around it. they allow you to bolt on a different speaker to the door. you just need to do a little measuring to make sure the door panel goes back on and youre okay. its super simple, really. you yank the OEM speaker and toss it. use self tapping screws to attach the trim rings to the metal on the doors. then you bolt on the new speakers to the trim rings and you’re set. i recomend using at least the speaker kit of dynamat to place it over the trim rings. this helps to cover up the gaps that will most likely be there between the door and trim rings and will help reduce the vibration around where the speaker is mounted on the door.
personally i dont like drivers(whatever speaker, subs or mids or tweets) that are not round. all those other shapes companies came up with like hexagons, triangles and squares and everything else is silly to me. i can explain why if u want me to.

dude techno viking… hes got the right fashion for clothes

Problem with the s13’s, you can’t fit a decent speaker in the doors because the magnet will hit the window. And you can’t space the speaker out much because the door panel won’t fit right. You pretty much have to fiberglass and recover the door panel and mount the speakers out on the door panel.

Pioneer Premier TS-A702C at Onlinecarstereo.com hows that look? i have a pioneer head unit so i like to stick with matching things (except the JL subs lol) or do i want like a 3 way speaker?

edit: here is a set of 4 ways Pioneer TS-A1782R at Onlinecarstereo.com
what you think

not a HUGE deal. :slight_smile: i had to measure both my cars before installing equipment to avoid clearance issues. my first car had a scrape on the window because the previous owner didnt take the extra 20 minutes to do so. they make shallow mount speakers that work just as well as the deeper set ones, so i dont foresee a tremendous problem with clearance.

those are possible, but note how it says they have an extra deep basket for more bass, thats two things we dont want. you want no bass, only mids in those and you dont want the extra depth UNLESS we measure and can get them to fit.

Yeah I might get a set of shallow mounts, does rockford make them?

well, you dont have to specifically search for “shallow mount” speaker unless youre ridiculously crammed for space. find some potential sets youd want to buy and look at the specs for depth. include a little extra room around it and measure for that in your doors.

mmm, not a fan of the 3 way or 4 way setups for a couple of reasons. component speakers work nicer IMO. even if you dont go super complex on your setup you can still get a nice soundstage with those. with the ones that have the tweeter attached right on the mid youre not as flexible.

i edit’ed that post with a set of 4 ways, the components wouldnt be a prob for the rear but like u said we dont want bass so…:ponder

and after my car is 100% i will be getting a pioneer in dash (about 350$) :number1

edit, now im all sorts of confuzed lol, so components are a NO cause of bass, and the 4 ways are a no no :\

totally up to you on this one. come listen to my car sometime and tell me what you think. dont concentrate on how loud it goes or any of that. just listen to how it reproduces sound. my soundstage is different from what you normally hear. a lot of people are quite surprised by the result of only a front set of speakers.

heh, no. you want the tweeters to only play highs, the mids in the doors to only play mids and the sub to only play bass.

will do you gonna be at the lot? i will be, you can hunt me down :hug lol. like u said, i want no bass in the int speakers and good sound so idk what that limits me to, i know the basics but ya know… lol

yea, if its nice out tonight, i think i can make it out to the lot. tbh idk what you look like or at least dont remember. you know my car, right? if you see me pull in, just walk up

idk what u look like and i have no idea what u drive haha or what it looks like, you obv know what i drive and i look like im 12, not that hard lmao

2 way speakers?

pioneer primier

you could use ones for the back if u wanted the speakers back there.

i drive a black tinted 2003 A6. its debadged upfront and no lettering on the trunk. my plate says WHYSOSRS and i have the JDM Ego I heart HATERS on my licenseplate frame. front plate is in the windshield sideways. 17 inch silver mesh wheels with audi centercaps.

wat ones