Customer Car: Chris McCarty's Evo VIII

I will never use an electronic boost controller in any car I build. If you think you need less boost because your tires are spinning, I would say you need more tire…

-Em

thats true for a car that is strictly for the track, but for a daily/weekend warrior car a 50$ solenoid can do wonders for that extra traction on street tires

Not if you are racing something fast…

-Em

very nice

Em is this the Blue Evo 8 that was in the back of your shop last Saturday? If it is then I was admiring the AMS manifold. Def wont be that color for long :wink:

another quality build ! keep it up

whats that supposed to mean?

:drama2:

30psi on c16 on a 35R and only 440 whp???

If you want to fix wheel spin with less power, Why bother building it.

I know in our car if we had less power for the first 330 feet we would not have a chance at being as fast as it is. Drag racing has alot more to do with the first half of the track than the last.

-Em

quite the upgrade going from 270 to 440

i agree like i said before, but not every car is on the drag strip all the time… my point was for a daily driver/weekend warrior that doesn’t run on slicks all the time, which is why i asked if evo’s had a problem with that much power and getting traction in first/second/third

I was about to say, only 440 on c16 and 30 psi on a 35R? Then I remembered… lol

?

Heartbreak dyno

Heartbreaker dyno

this is still bothering me, last i knew electronic boost controllers can spool a turbo quicker, and can be used to help modify the tq/boost curve to carry power longer and make an overall better powerband

and nice to see 440whp/3200 lb car trap 126mph!!!

Good numbers. Nice work

awesome car. love the way it looks under the hood

Sounds like you fell for the sales pitch like i once did… Now I have this close to $500 inconsistant piece of crap laying around that I used as a glorified boost gauge for the better part of 2 years. It’s for sale if you want it.:slight_smile: