cut out "middle" line of bumper on the Z?

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:56,topic:27172"”]

Agghh!!!

[/quote]

Hahaha

That stupid ass picture reminds me of all the idiot Ford/Dodge truck drivers who put stupid teeth or flames and shit over thier grill’s so that any potential airflow is blocked :smash2:

I think you should leave the bar there tbh.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:61,topic:27172"”]

Hahaha

That stupid ass picture reminds me of all the idiot Ford/Dodge truck drivers who put stupid teeth or flames and shit over thier grill’s so that any potential airflow is blocked :smash2:

I think you should leave the bar there tbh.

[/quote]

What???
This shit’s hot.

:bloated::bloated: :bloated: :bloated:

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:35,topic:27172"”]

hmm, what’s this other MacBook doing in my room…

Welcome to Darwin!
cassandra:~cassandrarife$ sudo rm -rf /

I read your mail - really fast… now it doesn’t work. Oh well, you have Apple Care, right?

[/quote]

Hey! Leave my Macbook out of this! I know where you keep your cats :grr:

And for what it’s worth, I like the way it looks without, but if it’s not really blocking airflow (which I can’t imagine it’s ALL that much that it’s blocking, but I could definitely be wrong) then just leave it. You need to find a point where you stop messing with it so you can drive it for longer than 3 days at a time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And stop fucking letting Mike borrow it. Shit always comes back broken! Just kidding, Mike :wink:

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:47,topic:27172"”]

That’s so fucking hideous, words can’t begin to describe…

Maybe if I wanted my car to look like Battlestar Galactica.
… and did you miss the part about AIRFLOW to the INTERCOOLER?
leave this thread immediately and go open a vein with a pair of diagonal cutters, kthxbye.

[/quote]

lmfao

sorry, i just had to have a lil fun and go one step worse then mesh

notice my first post in this thread was in fact an answer to your poll question

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:64,topic:27172"”]

lmfao

sorry, i just had to have a lil fun and go one step worse then mesh

notice my first post in this thread was in fact an answer to your poll question

[/quote]

It’s all good. I’m an asshole to everyone :wink:

i say yes as well, but why not recess the mesh back 4 or 5 inches and just make it cover a larger area. still gives the protection, added bonus of being barely visible. I like the no mesh look, but i see the practicality of it.

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:65,topic:27172"”]

[/quote]

mesh looks like ass but I have done something else before. Take a white egg crate ceiling panel for flourescent lights from home depot…

Lay it down lenghtwise, turn it 45 degrees… all the squares not have a “diamond” pattern.

Mark the bumper opening size on the panel with a permanent marker.

I dont know if a 2 X 4 panel will be large enough to cover your opening.

Its large enough to do the bumper on a 03 Cobra but barely.

You will want to mark/cut the piece to have 1-2" or extra material around the border for mounting.

Take a needlenose plier… crimp and twist… the sections will just break… you brake it all the way around … and trim excess later.

Fit the piece… make sure size and fit are to your satisfaction.

Spray paint the thing flat black. You should paint it from at least 8 different directions to get full coverage. I mist from one angle, let it dry for 3 min, rotate, 25 degrees, mist again, and continue all the way around.

Flip piece over and repeat. This way you will get complete coverage with no extra paint… perfect finish.

The panels are cheap and easy to replace and they look very good installed. The are also brittle but that was not much of a issue for me. If you decide not to be lazy and do this I can recommend mounting solutions

any pics of that violator? sounds interesting

[quote=“Silver,post:63,topic:27172"”]

And stop fucking letting Mike borrow it. Shit always comes back broken! :wink:

[/quote]

Truth.com :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Violator,post:55,topic:27172"”]

:rofl: With a 4 X 1 foot hole in the front? are you serious? Maybe your grandparents wont notice it. Everyone else will. lol

[/quote]

I just thought it would make it more subtle than a polished intercooler. Thats not to say that no one would notice it at all though, obviously some people are going to be more observative than others.

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:65,topic:27172"”]

[/quote]

word

and ditto for that matter. hell, i even start shit w/ scca safety stewards

[quote=“Shockwave179,post:70,topic:27172"”]

I just thought it would make it more subtle than a polished intercooler. Thats not to say that no one would notice it at all though, obviously some people are going to be more observative than others.

[/quote]

[quote=“brent_strong,post:59,topic:27172"”]

Even if they don’t see that, the FUCKING HUGE GOLD WHEELS or the vented CF hood might tip them off. :eyebrow:

[/quote]

:bloated: :bloated: :bloated:

Steve, it isn’t a sleeper. It never will be. Who the hell cares if someone sees an intercooler, it isn’t a m4d l33t street racer for monies, yo.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:72,topic:27172"”]

:bloated: :bloated: :bloated:

Steve, it isn’t a sleeper. It never will be. Who the hell cares if someone sees an intercooler, it isn’t a m4d l33t street racer for monies, yo.

[/quote]

Dave openly asked for opinions by making this thread, and I gave one if you don’t like it then whatever…

[quote=“Shockwave179,post:73,topic:27172"”]

Dave openly asked for opinions by making this thread, and I gave one if you don’t like it then whatever…

[/quote]

Find me where he asked “Should I paint my IC black?”.

def cut it out, looks good

[quote=“Silver,post:63,topic:27172"”]

Edit: And stop fucking letting Mike borrow it. Shit always comes back broken! Just kidding, Mike :wink:

[/quote]

FUCKING SHANANIGANS!!!

I just find the weak points so Dave doesnt have to.

With the bar it looks like meh.
Without the bar, it looks like it’s smiling at you.
With the FMIC it will be an evil smile

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:25,topic:27172"”]

I HATE MESH.

[/quote]

You speak of good taste sir, just say no!

As other people said on the Z forum, that bar is to hold/support. It might not be a good idea to remove it. I got the same bumper and thought about it too.

[quote=“Z PHAT Z,post:78,topic:27172"”]

…people said on the Z forum

[/quote]

where?

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:79,topic:27172"”]

where?

[/quote]

One post below your bump!