CV Shaft grease

My girlfriend has a 96 Nissan Maxima and we have taken it to two mechanics now to get the CV shaft replaced on the passenger side. Both shops have told us (we moved from Buffalo to Wilmington, NC) that her car is too rusted to work on and they would end up breaking multiple suspension parts getting it off so they didnt tough it. My question is, I know that the CV shaft can really go bad at anytime now since the boot is ripped, but would it be an ok temporary fix to just glob some grease on the joint once a week for a while until we can figure something else out? I know this is not a long term fix, but buying a newer car right now is not an option with her in school full time.

it probably wont hurt but it will fling out in short order. Not sure how much it would help

Any pictures? I’m interested to see how bad it is that no one will touch it.

https://youtu.be/DfnlPxt3Vq0

If you’re looking for a temp fix see if you can find a split boot for it. Basically they have some special solvent that chemically welds the two pieces of the boot together. You just have to be careful about not getting any grease in the joint when putting it around the CV.

x2^^^^