cv shafts, wheel bearings.....WTF!!!!

is it common for cv shafts to go bad and the grease to dry up, and start grinding,and cracking after the car sat for several months?

and is it also the same for wheel bearings ?

as i said before…cars suck! i cant have nice things.

Useless rant post w/o information on the car.

were the boots cracked?

Bad Boots will cause this typically… I’ve got one that’s leaking grease on the PS front of my Blazer, I’m keeping an eye on it, but I’ll probably have to put a new 1/2 shaft in it later this fall.

never seen that grease “dry up”. Seen it spray everywhere, cling to everything, and even had a boot full of water along with the grease. Only time it would dry I think, is when it cooks on something.

1999 accord, 120000 miles, car sat motionless for 41/2 months, i got the car on the road, then about 15 miles in the front end started making crackin , knockin, and vibrating sounds, the car has all new rotors, calipers, pads, and hardwear.
the symptoms stop shortly when the drive train is under load (acceleration) as well as when the brakes are applied . the sounds change slightly as the car turns left or right.

boots appear to be in good condition, no leaks or signs or damage, and there has been no work performed where the shaft has been removed.

i fixed the problem, it was soo stupid i missed, i dont even wanna say what it was…lets just say my over confidence in my work made me overlook a key component and i should get punched for it…

you forgot to tighten the lugnuts… am i right?

hahaha ive done it. but i got the dealership to pay for the ne lower control arm ,and rotor that got destryed when my rim and tire left the truck…