D2 Coilover Damper - Rebuild / Core program

if you have D2 coilovers consider yourself lucky, because they are about to be the most desireable coilovers in ontario…

why?

because i am having several sets of dampers recharged, rebuilt and after a litle bit more research… revalved as well.

the first two dampers have already been rebuilt as a test exercise and everything went well.

the program will go like this:

give me your 4 blown dampers and $X00 (price as yet determined)

i will give you 4 freshly rebuilt dampers

no one will get new dampers without trading theirs in before hand.

by keeping a stock of dampers, which i already have, we will be able to continually rebuild and run fresh dampers in all of our coilovers (only people with D2’s of course)

as a result, there will be no need to buy $2000 coilover systems or send your coilovers to the Us or overseas and pay $400 - $700 for rebuilding… it will all be done here in Ontario.

early estimates of cost are between $200 - $280 for full set of 4 dampers.

the reasoning behind this pricing is to cover the costs of dampers that may require full rebuilds with new parts, seals, oils, gases etc… whereas some will just need to be recharged with oil and gas.

by charging one flat rate all the inventoried dampers will be fresh, regardless of what their problems were, and ready to go.

D2’s used to be a libaility… now they will be the easiest coilovers to own and keep like new for a long long time.

keep posted here, i have more dampers going in for rebuild and will soon accumulate a decent inventory to begin the program.

further, i can supply QA1 linear rate springs in any spring rate that will not corrode and weaken like the D2 springs.

new springs:

http://bings.ca/images/new%20springs2.JPG

old springs:

http://bings.ca/images/coils%20springs%20spacers.JPG

your the man bing.

How long is the turn around time approx from the time i send you mine untill i get the new ones.

Also what is the price on the spring and what rates are avalible.

at present i have only brought in 8/6 rates and the price will be under $200 for a set of 4.

as for the rebuilt dampers, i have two here now that i am going to run in my own car.

i am jsut waiting to get a couple specialty tools so that the dampers can be rebuilt easier.

then i will accumulate an inventory of rebuilt dampers.

you will have a set shipped out as son as i recieve your core dampers.

What’s the turnaround time for all this?

i will have the dampers ready for you… you just need to let me know in advance…

i have to have some custom tools fabricated before we can efficiently rebuild the dampers. when those are ready i will send in another 15 + dampers immediately.

when those are returned we cna start the program

what is the price for new springs and new dampers?

new springs are under $200 if you watn 8/6 rate…

talk to me on msn cahil,

i have only rebuilt a couple dampers so far so i cant say 100% how much it will cost but i will keep it under $300 for sure

now this is exiteing, i was going to buy some megans, but i have heard mixed reviews on them, so i wasnt sure. then i heard about the new stance coils so i was thinking about those.

but if these perform well enough ill be buying some used D2s, and haveing them rebuilt with the new springs, since i can have it done in canada without haveing to send them away. im keeping my eye on this thread.

also, bing another idea for you, have you seen those spacers you would use when converting to 5 lugs with the S14 fronts so you dont need to drill the bolt holes?? maybe you could look into those. dont mean to be a bother, but id rather support a canadain made product if i can, as would others on this board im guessing

Rob

i have seen those and have thought about it because it is soo easy but i am trying to focus on crazier items right now, although i am sure i will do those in the future.

if anyone has some that i could mimic i will give them some $$

Hey

Any ideas on when these will be avalible??

i am waiting for some tools to be built, it may be a couple weeks yet.

Hey,

any news on when these tools will be done to start doing this yet bing?? im on the edge of my seat waiting lol, as soon as you give the go ahead, im buying some D2’s, since they arent had to find on the boards, either here or in the states.

i was going to try the new stance coils, but id have to send them back to the states for rebuilds and repair. plus why support an american company when i could throw my money to and support a canadian owned and run business.

Thanks,

Rob

PS- ive been plugging your site and products every chance i get on my local boards :slight_smile:

Good to see you doing this Bing, the springs and also the dampners being like they were are reasons I was a bit off of buying them. If I was doing it all over again I might consider these rather then what I got.

FYI one of my Teins dampners went so I sent it to Tein. Shipping was 20 USD (5day). Rebuild cost is 200USD for new piston and full recharge, revalve. So Bing your cost is pretty low in comparison.

that was just for one?

fukk that…

but it depends on what needs to be done to the dampers.

my price will reflect an averaging of the costs…

if all the dampers need to be resealed then it may be a tad higher…

Theo was supposed to take the damper to get the tools made but he forgot so i have to drop it off again

this WILL get done… just have too much on my plate this week

Sorry man, I completely forgot. :oops:

I will get there this weekend as I have other stuff to drop of in NOTL to Andy.

I’ll get it there for you and he can have it done fast, Andy is amazing.

Theo

200USD was for the rebuild of one Tein Type Flex dampner for my S14 which is unfortunatly the most expensive dampner type since its 16 way adjust.

100 - for the recharge, revalve and seals with labor
100 - for installation of new piston due to scratches on the old piston causing dampner to leak with labor

Thats the cost breakdown that Tein told me on the phone, hope that helps ya Bing. I would be interested to see if there was a local option for rebuild not just for D2’s.

these springs are badass and way better than the disgusting stock d2 springs.

for the price you cant really go wrong

and bings service is #1 in my bookz

just an update,

all of the dampers were delivered to the rebuilding facility yesterday. It is peak season for them so i was not given any indication of turnaround time.

Hey Bing, I understand that there are some changes to the D2 coilovers. I am pretty sure that I have the originals. What if any are the differences? Also I don’t think that you have quoted the price for the QA1 springs in this thread yet? Lastly I had to replace one of my shocks and D2 said that I would get a 50usd core charge if I sent the old one back. Of course my lazy ass never did, could I use it against springs with you?

Thanks man!!!

CVM07