The foam arrived sometime early this past week so today I went over and we did the headliner. WHAT A PAIN IN THE COCK, let me tell you. So we started out installing the foam to the roof with spray adhesive…
then after about an hour and a half we had the headliner braces in place and some of it pulled taught into the jaws along the windshield and rear glass area.
Then we pulled the sides taught and installed the jaw clips that hold it in place, and began installing all the black metal trim peices to secure everything for good.
Then my dad went around and trimmed all the overhangs off
so it’s mostly done now, we have to install the seatbelt mounts, dome light, coat hooks, and visors still.
we are going to wait a few days to see where the fabric settles, and then get it wet and blast it with a hair dryer to get it to shrink up a bit and hopefully get the last few wrinkles out…although at this point I’m almost convinced they HAD to be a little bit wrinkled from the factory, the system that they used to put a headliner in is soooo crude I don’t know how in the world you could get it PERFECT.
anyways, we got the rest of the dash in today as well.
(sorry for picture quality, the black is really hard to capture out in the daylight with the glares that get picked up)