daily got a totaled, settlement done.

So on that sunny Friday afternoon (1/9/09), on my way to lunch with my wife.in my 01 RED Jetta TDI we where driving down West Tupper to get on the 33 (I live downtown) for those that don’t know W.Tupper is a one way 3 lanes wide.
As we approached Washington I was in the left lane going on to the 33 (at about 35-40mph), a 07 Nissan Altima 2.5 4 door was in the center lane about a fender length ahead, decided she needed to go north on to Washington, abruptly turned on her signal and turned left.:fry: she impacted the passenger fender, passenger door (handle and mirror), rear passenger door, rear quarter, there is also damage to the lower rocker panal, and im worried there may be damage to the B-piller, as now if you open the passenger door you have to kick it closed. as she impacted she pushed me over the curb into a snowbank on the side or West tupper, so the front lip (I just replace :/) got trashed and the aliment is foobar. I also got a flat in the left rear tire.

I know:
:needpic:
I’ll try to get some tonight.

the wife and I went to the ER she had whiplash I have a torn muscle in the left shoulder (stupid seat belt)

so we have to wait till 1/16 to get the car inspected by her insurance (Allstate) :frowning:

wonder if they will total it it does have 300k miles :confused:

so check last post but… offered 4k from Allstate, still not resolved…

but are you OK

i haven’t slept in 2 days with this shoulder but other then that you can let evljay know im ok…lol

they better not total it! and if they do make sure you dispute the value.

thats sucks man. hope everything works out all right for you.

shitty dude. be safe. good luck.

PS - feel better!

that sucks…

JBweld it.

that does suck if they do total it unless you get a fair amount for it because that car would probably go another 300K if that broad was paying attention.

found the problem!

you suck so much

With 300K, you can bet that will be totaled…

fail at myself

How’s that?

Sorry, I fail at reading. I thougt somedude said it could go 300k miles, not another 300k. I must have skipped ‘another’ when reading because i didnt think an 01 could have that many miles on it. i rescind my previous post.

300k miles + the damage you describe = totaled

but at least they will offer you $1000 !

edit: probably no b pillar damage, those cars are quite sturdy, but the door hinges arent very large and bend quite easy. ive replaced many of those hinges on cars where the door itself could still be repaired

when determining a cars value insurance companies use local sales of comparable vehicles. kbb puts that car at $9800, nada at 8800, nada showed -750 for the mileage. i would say he will get around that much.

goodnews, the car is not a total loss, just under 4k in estamate, the car is a schmitts on sherdian drive. they will also paint the front bumper ive been putting off doing myself :slight_smile:

For now im in a silvrado extended cab 4x4 pick up… wow I like my euro trash :stuck_out_tongue:

and the wifey has been in and out of doctors visits and chiropractor for wiplash related injuries but every thing else seems good.

Good to hear. Hope she gets better, and my condolences about the rental.