daily got a totaled, settlement done.

inB4itsnyspeeditwillbuffout

Damn…

How’s the shoulder doing?

With an injury like that, all the “stress, discomfort, and pain”, I’m thinking the insurance may have to “give you a little extra”… especially seeing it was completely her fault…

Poor TDI. Hope you and the wife feel better soon.

shoulder is doing better, after i finally listened to the doctor and stopped picking heavy things up (I installed a garage door at my parents house last weekend :eyeroll: )

the wifey is coming around… been able to do a little more… she dosnt work so her down time isnt a huge deal.

the Silverado had 32,500 when I picked it up. one tank later Ive put on 300 miles, I averaged 14mpg, will see I want to hit 40k by the time i turn it in … will see if I can make it (at 3k should I call them and ask if they are going to do an oil change?) lol

schmidts on sheridan (the body shop chain)

or

Schmitts on genesee (the stealership)

that would be funny. I wonder if they will notice right away.

Honestly? I would have pushed HARD to get it totaled. Unless you pay twice that 4k figure no body shop is going to love your car like you do and while it might get “Fixed” its going to be near worthless resale wise because of the accident and it WON’T be the same as it was before.

Suggestion: Have whatever body shop looks at it next “find” some other problems and ask them to put in a request for “supplementals” with your insurance, and make sure it DOES get totaled. There comes a point where you have to look past loving an old car and just look at the money.

Just my $.02, its your shit …

could also collect the insurance check himself and part the car out too.

Good news well I guess… this sucks Schmitts just called they found more problems and the insurance ajuster who came out to look at the more problems (floor pan is trashed) decieded to total loss the car :confused:

no word from allstate yet… still driving the loaner till they call. shmits said they where there wed, they waited to call me till today as they wanted the insurance to call first… yep lol I HATE ALLSTATE.

now wait and see what they offer me as total loss…

Edit: if I decide to buy the car back, can I drive it on the street as is (just keep using it as a work beater) or when i go to re register will i have problem?

Edit edit: also the truck is at 35k the phrase “change oil soon” has been on the last 2k and the freaken brake pedel cover keeps falling off…

:tdown: – hope you can grab another ALH!

BTW get in touch with me! I am in need of your Pelo! :burnout:

just turn the oil light off. key on engine off. hit gas pedal 3 times

sorry to hear about that, good to see that your ok. :tdown: to the dumb nissan driver
hope everything plays out in your favor lol

so still no word from allstate ??? I called progressive (my insurance) to let t hem know what is up. there sending out there own ajuster tomarrow and will get back to us then, for now still in the silverado.

In my opinion your insurance should not have ever had to know.

well soooo I call progressive (my insurance) yesterday… almost a week from hearing from the collision shop that Allstate put a hold on fixing the car.

Ironically Allstate called this morning wife answered they totaled the car and offered us 4,000.00…

yep she flipped a lid and hung up on them.

Ill see what progressive says after they go look at it today.

we are working on almost a month (1/9/09 date of loss to today 2/3/09)

Miles on the loaner?

36k I slowed down a bit…

I haven’t read the thread closely and forgive me if Im uniformed but, they offered you 4K, is that not a bit more than a MK4 jetta TDI with milage like yours is going for these days ? why not just take the cash and get another.

car blue books at 8-9k you find a replacement

2001 Jetta GLS TDI with:
Power leather seats
Cruise
Ac
Heated Seats
Sport wheel
alloys
sunroof

for 4 and give me a call :slight_smile:

NADA and KBB only take 750 off for mileage, high miles on a TDI mean nothing…

HaHa OK thats shitty then.