I thought 99+ were mark Vs? :gotme:

Anyhow, $4 is a fucking joke.

MKV is 05+

05.5+ (stupid half years) MKV
99.5+ MKIV
93+ MKIII

agree that 4k is a joke…

so ready for more laughter?
Progressive called offered 4900.00 :confused: Im ready to cry.

I took the rental back today. and Allstate had put a hold on paying for the rental???

I have not accepted an offer, well I more like flipped out about it. on a positive they are offering a 360 bye back on the salvage title car… Current estimate is 5100 to fix it.

allstate offered 3400 and had a 900 bye back.

But i dont think i can even a reg a salvage title.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what can i do any help???

Ask them to replace the car. Tell them you thought that was the reason for insurance. The make the point you will never be able to buy another for that amount. You will likely never get what it’s worth, but it’s worth a shot.

oh i tried then a let the firey red head try (and she is PMS’ing) she blasted them on the phone for over an hour. after i blasted them on the phone they wont budge.

Ohhh man, I remember seeing this car when John bought the Del Sol off of you…

Sure was a gem… sorry to hear this!

wow that sucks, glad your ok

There are alot of idiots on the roads

ask them where they are getting their numbers from… they should be taking amounts for vehicles of your type from the area and determining the value. if the repair cost is 5100 then they wont pay more than that.

and you will have to go through a lot of rigmarole to get it back on the road. you have to fix it 100% then git it inspected (not a regular yearly, its more in depth than that. you have to have receipts for all the parts you bought to prove the parts aren’t stolen etc, not worth it.) if you think you can part it out (or buy a shell or one that needs a motor) then buy it back. but it might become more of a hassle then its worth. idk the market for that car so it might take a long time to get parted out…

or ask them not to brand the title, then it wont be salvaged, but if it has floor damage then I doubt it.

got any pics yet?

$4900 is not that bad considering you have 300k,

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=238015 here is one with 180k for 4500

I don’t know, I pulled up Autotrader and, while I haven’t found any with 300k on them yet, there are plenty at 175k+ for less than $5,000. You might be fighting a losing battle.

$4,499 - 175k - http://tinyurl.com/cf9max

Buy out your salvage title and use it as a parts car, swapping in the stuff you want.

All depends on how you look at it. TDI’s are very different. Timing belt repair (unless you do it yourself) will run you a pretty penny, most of the cheaper TDI’s for sale either have problems, or need a buttload of regular maintenance.

I think if they offered $6k that wouldve been more fair, $4k, not so much… But in the meantime maybe you can find another and do a swap job, selling off the motor/transmission in the new one, not bad to consider Mike…

Also, dont forget, the automatics are slushbuckets… The transmissions are known to fail, and run about $5000 for repair. Their value is no where near that of a Manual Transmission.

all the stuff you just said has no effect on its retail price… the ins company wont take any of that maintenance stuff into consideration

Retail doesn’t mean anything with this type of car. Reliability and routine maintenance with proper spec fluids DO affect the value.

Just read through this thread and all the BS you went through. Truly a PITA, sorry to hear.

thanks…

and the TDI’s that have been pointed out are NOT GLS. finding a GLS with leather in a TDI Jetta is super hard (people who buy TDI’s are looking for cheap fuel efficient cars and don’t care about options apparently)

most of the loaded TDI’s even with 200+ are selling for 6 or more.

My car was LOADED. and when you spend 6-8 hours a day in a car make a huge diffrence.

Moonsoon with OEM 40 gig music player
Leather Power seats
Trailer hitch
cruise
3 spoke sport wheel
power windows
power locks
Heated seats
Heated mirriors
Power Mirriors
Heated squirter nosels
alloy wheels
fullsize spare
NOT SILVER or Black in color
and more…

im resurching on google now to see if there is anything i can do to protest the offer. if not I will take the 4900 and buy back for 380 and part out.

Looks like I might have a chance to fight:
http://www.geekmba360.com/?p=402

Cheapest car on auto trader same options

Few on craigslist I found:

Same options But auto 7000
Same year same options 180k $7500
Same options Year older 170k 8500

good luck man. fight the good fight and be sure to post results

lots of good reading:

First my thread on TDIclub.com
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2446114#post2446114

Next random article I found online:

and last a Ebook of tons of good info. worth the read if you think your car my EVER be a total loss:

Glad your both okay. Cars can be fixed, lives cant.