DAMNIT! Car was running fine, put some fuel stabilizer in and now car won't start...

So after a bit of work and money (new battery and belts and fluids) I got my 91s engine running strong, but yesterday I got the bright idea to put some ‘stabil’ fuel stabilizer in my tank because I thought I would not be driving the car for a month or so. I read the directions and put what I thought was the correct amount into the tank. Today I started my car and it ran fine for about two minutes and then it stalled and now it won’t start again. I must have put too much into my tank, I have 3/4 of a tank and put 150ml (5oz).

What should I do now? Pump the gas in the tank out and replace it with new fuel? How do I get new fuel into the fuel lines and engine?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.

I dont think it was the stabil. I have used it countless times. Does the car turn over? Does it click?

siphon the fuel out, pull the rubber hose at the fuel rail off and turn the key to on. Than trip the fuel pump relay and let it pump into a can. it’ll run whats left in the lines.

I don’t think the fuel stabilizer woulda done it though. Perhaps you just got a bunch of it in the lines and thats what killed it? like it was running on pure stabilizer? Try to run it and if it works just run it till empty and fill er up again.

The engine trys to turn over, almost as if there was no gas in the tank…

Thanks I will try that.
There could not have been that much stabilizer in the tank, i mean even if I had used the entire bottal. Maybe it mixed with some sediment in my gas tank and plugged the fuel pump or something…

im sure its not the stabilizer, ive used it a million times. even use it on my motorcycle and its only got a 18L tank and ive never had issues with it. its probably just coincidence. id be looking into a lot of other things before i blamed the stabilizer. what motor? what car?

91 KA24DE
So I disconnected the fuel line just before the fuel filter, turned the car to run and nothing, no gas ran out of the line.
Possibly the fuel pump?

^^ jump the relay before you get a new pump. Its possible the relay is toast or the ecu but if you jump the relay it’ll tell you a bit more about the situation.

Sorry, jump the relay?

yeah. In the relay there are 4 ports. 2 for signal and 2 for high current. find the two that are the high current input and output (should be indicated on the side of the relay) and stick a pice of decent gauge wire connecting the two of them. Place the wire in the relay socket not the actual relay.

What you are doing is acting as a relay. By putting the wire across those two terminals you are activating the high current line and turning the pump on. If you jump the relay with the fuel line off (preferably in a container of sorts) and no fuel comes out, pump is most likely the problem.

There is a slight, very slight, chance that wiring from the relay to the pump could be bad. But check the pump by jumping the relay first.

Thanks dude

just so I dont short anything out, Im jumping 3 to 5 right?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

wait, this isn’t the relay im looking for…

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

wait, yes it is.

damnit I dont know now because this is saying its behind the kick panel
http://build1.net/wp_files/project-240sx-draining-the-fuel-tank/

thats the one. The green one. It says something pump or something like that. just jump 3 to five with some wire.

It works lol… i’ve done it don’t worry