Dan's 94' Z28 build

I said that tonight at dinner ya 'tard…It has a Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet metal badge on the back and on the dash.

Any one can stick badges on

Idk man

awesome keep this updated

nice pickup man, looks better already without 2" of dust on it!

hot whip sully.

http://www.smithworksforge.com/leatherItems/images/1bullWhip.jpg

New Catback system is on the way. ;D

Anyone: How can you diagnose an optispark problem? It was kind of sparking when Joe’s dad sprayed starter fluid, but it was only a couple hickups.

I’ll get ahold of my friend dave since he has dealt with the problem multiple times

if its a a 94 its unvented if it sat prolly choked wit moisture and done get a obd1 scanner and see if it has a high resolution or a low resolution code in it if it has iether its bad ,also check for bad wires goin to it they were known for the harnesses goin bad and if it is a opti get a real g/m one so ya only do it once as most aftermarket one are very shitty and wont run it after all said and done ,trust me after ya get the balancer off you will see why i said do it right the first time

My friend bought one from gm that was bad also. It’s hit or miss

most are good from g/m i did 4 in my 93 z but it was due to overspinnin it but never a good one from napa advanced or anythin like that ,my msd lasted though :nod

Optispark was by far one of the shittiest designs for an ignition system

it was a really good ignition unit for its time just a bad design to much voltage in a small box

Luckily they fixed it for the next gen ls series engine’s

:nod

Started yet?

im with you on that, it could be moisture inside the opti

I had a 95 Roadmaster Wagon that would spit and sputter every time I hit a good puddle with it. They shouldnt have mounted that distributor that far down and definitely not behind the water pump that is driven by the timing chain. It was set up for failure. When they work they are great ignitions. also I am pretty sure the distributor sends the signal to the PCM for cam position as well. Not such a great idea

New exhaust came this morning.