datsun 510 sr install

hey i did a bit of lookin around not to muhc . i want to knof if any of you guys know how hard it is to do a sr20det install on a datsun 510? as far as i know it dosent mount, you need a custom drive shaft with some electrical shits i know ted can deallll with :stuck_out_tongue: anything else i need toserously worrie about befor i decide on this install???

thanks

Chris

check out the guy at mckineymotorsports. com they make custom mounts ect, i think thats were i saw a 510 sr install, besides an sr looks small in the 510, i would dump an rb in there instead!! my 2 cents

have you actually found a 510 ?

like any other custom swap you would likely need custom mounts, custom driveshaft, SR ECU and harness and maybe some custom work to align the shifter and make the tranny fit.

510’s came with 97hp from the factory, RB is overkill, infact an SR is still probably overkill.

The last 510 I saw with an sr in it looked tight… as in there was barely enough room for the sr. I don’t think an rb would work out so hot.

The sr would be a great amount of power for the car. something like 350 to the wheels would be good.

the hardest part is ACTUALLY FINDING A 510…

a healthy KA24DE would be more than fine… twice the power and torque over stock and good cheap and reliable

i found a 510 for a reasonable price in mint condition. i still might get a 240 i am just in the mits of debating. i checked out the 510 earler today and man is it an amazing car.
i dont know if i can chew off the whole install tho. i would def do a sr instead of ka tho.

TAKE THE 510!!! If you have the money man…go with the 510

if u dont i will :wink:

KA all the way.

Hell, Australians import KAs for the sole purpose of putting into 510s.

An NA motor packages very nicely into a small engine bay. SRs are tight even in 240s.

Short of mounts and a driveshaft, wouldn’t be any different than an SR swap into anything.

KA gets even eaiser. The 510s came with L20s, which, IIRC are closely related to the KA and L6s.

510 is unique, let alone a modded 510. And the 510 will be faster.

SRed 240 … well, way to stand out in a crowd :wink:

if you dont buy that 510 put me in contact with the guy.

i wouldnt even think about putting an SR in one… yeah i got a ride in the green SR 510 that got wrecked at Targa and it was fast but it was fast because the brakes were fucking awesometown and because you could pick up the car with 2 dudes and walk away with it.

stick a simple and cheap KA in there and roll hard with a baseball card

fuck ka, waste so much money to put a dirty ka in a 510 ? ka is heavier, get sr, or get a ca, rip that thing like no tomorrow and feel the beat

KA is not heavier… you may have 20-40lbs less weight up front but i’d have a 20lbs stack of twenties in my wallet.

and this is coming from a guy who has SR20s

I don’t think it matters what car, hes doing SR either way cuz he already has one, unless im wrong.

yee i have a leftover sr now, and its goin in something weather it be a 510 , a 260z or a 240sx. its goin in one or the other lol
now untill then i get to drive da beast 1981 monte carlo lol been pimpin since again