David Lee Roth

I never understood K Rock’s choice from the beginning. And the last few days just confirm this. There’s obscure music selections, talking over the music, disconnected thoughts, general disorganization, and little snippets of music played at awkward times.

Maybe they just need more time. I guess it can only get better.

dude he sucks

i listened for maybe 2 minutes

and had to turn it off

he sucks

haha. Diamond Dave is a crazy ass

:boink

i have had him on for 5 minutes and i hate him already

they can never bring anyone in to compete with what stern had

KROCK is going for the shock value not replace what they had with Stern

and yes i agree Roth is terrible

Like any of you guys would sound better on your first week on the job. Give the guy some time to sort things out. Some of his stories were pretty funny.

I thought a guy that had life experiences like him might have some interesting insight. I was wrong. He’s just another person that thinks because he’s famous, he has some intellect.

I listened for a couple days and he never seemed to be able to hold a thought long enough to complete a paragraph (kinda like what happened to Ozzie Ozbourne). Then one morning he went on a (gentle) rant about what a wonderful job the Japanese did rebuilding after WWII and how great of a culture to have been able to do it, I shut him off for good. He seemed to not know that WE BUILT THE DAMN PLACE FOR THEM AND WE DID A FINE JOB. He played it like we decimated the place and left it that way.

What an ass.

I have vowed not to listen to it…:ugh:

stern said on larry king tonight, david lee thought radio was easy :rofl:

have to gotten to listen to it yet this week.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

stern gets 3.3 million to sirrus and gets $220 million now :eek:

david lee roth probably never made 1/8th of that in Van halen :kekegay:

only took me 30 seconds to change the station…him and his Cher sounding side-kick were talking about tattoos on their asses and choppy water?! Then there were like 3 guys in the background laughing but it was sooooo not funny!!! HAHA!!

I wonder how Adam Corolla is doing. I can’t stand DLR, he sounds annoying to me to begin with and talks about pointless stuff. I would rather listen to WAMO’s commercials then him.

I’m not crying, I’m just being a bit sympathetic.

Unlike any of you guys, I used to work in radio. I’ve been on several stations doing morning drive and it’s a tough job. It’s unfortunate that you will never know how much work it is to have a decent sounding morning show on the radio. The thing is that unlike Dave I started out working part time at little radio stations around Pittsburgh. Eventually I moved up to full time jobs in rural Central PA before I moved into larger markets and eventually bought my own radio station.

The benefits for me was that I was on (primarliy at first) hick stations where excellence was not expected and I could learn and develop over a 10 year period. Dave has to learn the job in front of millions of people and in some of the biggest markets on the East Coast. I would never want to jump into that position, even right now with all my experience.

Yes, Daves show sucks right now but I also remember listening to Howard when he was on the air in Washington DC (DC 101) and wondering what the fuss was all about. Both Don and Mike (WAVA) and the Greaseman (DC 101) were much more entertaining at the time than he was. Howard eventually figured out what people wanted to hear and tweaked his show and his audience grew and then he was tapped to move up to NYC.

I’m sorry to say that the broadcasting industry is not a patient one. If Dave doesn’t deliver soon, he’ll be released and the next victim will be placed into the hot seat. I remember talking to Scott Paulson about what it was like when he took over for Jimmy and Steve on WDVE. He said it was miserable for the first year or so with lots of “you suck” calls and dismal ratings until he found his footing and made the show his own. In my opinion, Dave is not going to get a year to figure things out, maybe six months at the best.

I don’t think that’s fair because nobody is going to deliver the same kind of ratings that Stern did.

Scott Paulsen has ALWAYS sucked.