Dead Man on Campus (not the movie)

Just saw this in the news…at UB North. Anybody we know? According the report, possibly a hit/run on campus.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=64676&catid=37

The only time i’ve ever watched somebody get hit by a car…was on UB campus AND he was a noted member of UBRF at the time.

i wish some noted nyspeed members would get hit by cars.

I got an email from campus police about this but deleted it. Didn’t give details as to cause.

:tdown:

University at Buffalo campus police are investigating the death of a 19 year-old student from Ardsley, New York near Yonkers.

According to a spokesperson for the university, Jonah Dreskin was found near Core Road by the Ellicott complex on the Amherst campus sometime between 11:30 and midnight Wednesday. He was prounounced dead a short time later.

Police believe he may have been hit by a car or that he fell. An autopsy is planned to determine exactly how he died.

UB Police are asking anyone who was in the area of Core Road between the Spaulding and Wilkerson Residence Halls to call 645-2222.

In a statement, the university offered its deepest sympathy to Dreskin’s family and said University Counseling Services will be available to any student that needs it.

Yeah my ex gf lives in elicott complex and called me last night saying there were police everywhere.

Shitty :-/

From what I’ve heard around UB he was on drugs and fell of the terrace into the tunnel then was struck by a car, talk about some shitty luck

what’s going around at UB is probably pretty accurate. thanks for reporting from the field, fantana

Either way…what an awesome movie…

Zack Morris with black hair…awesome

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.clarke82/racing.club/brian%20fantana.jpg

Where would he have fallen off the terrace into the tunnel? There aren’t any terrace ledges that allow you to walk over the tunnel. So I think that’s BS.

EDIT - upon looking at google maps, it appears there is an overhang by wilkenson. Damn. I lived on the Porter side.

wouldn’t be the first to fall into the tunnel

just got back from ellicott

the perimeter is secure

LOL. I got hit about a month ago.

X…

sounds like someone has a phone call to make?

some girl in my chem class’ best frend’s brother, cant get any closer than that, they found drugs in the room, wandered around and fell off the building supposedly, but it wasnt suicide

the only reason i still talk to any ex gf is to get laid if im in a slump with new chicks, ex gf’s FTW

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65120&catid=37

The UB freshman who was found dead on campus earlier this month died from a fall, not from being struck by a vehicle, campus authorities say.
An autopsy has revealed that the nature and extent of Jonah Dreskin’s injuries point to a fall as the most likely cause of his death.
On the evening of March 4, university police found Dreskin unconscious on an access road that runs between several dormitories on UB’s North Campus. At first, it was not clear whether he had fallen from a dorm building, been struck by a car, or both.
UB spokesman John Della Contrada now confirms that Dreskin likely died after falling. But there has been no official word on whether the fall was an accident or intentional, and what - if any - role alcohol or drugs may have played in Dreskin’s death.
The investigation is not final, Della Contrada said. University police are continuing to gather information and attempting to locate an eyewitness(es).

John Della Contrada / UB Ofc. of Communications

I’ve heard rumor that he was depressed because he had recently been caught smoking pot and the UB drug-czar came down on him like a ton of bricks mentioning things like getting him kicked out of school and whatnot.

What a waste.