dealer plate?

My friends parents have one and they wont let me use it either. My friend had to drive my car on the dealer plate when I bought it a few years ago.

check this out i dont know anyone that used it, but i would really like to know if its a pain in the ass to get
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/register.htm#temporary

in-transit plates are something that given more to people who are out of state drivers. they can be used in-state>>>>> BUT THE CAR STILL NEEDS proof of insurance, and a vaild NYS inspection which has a matching date to the date issued of the temp tag.

we send these things out all the time for out of state deals so we can register and title a car for a customer, but still allow them to drive it around.

in-transit plates are still hard to get without really having a dealer issue them with the correct documentation.

Proof of inspection is only needed for an ITP if its a junk/salvage vehicle.

I drove from New Orleans to Virginia on plates for a different car, no issues as long as you don’t drive like a d-bag and/or don’t get in an accident.

I think I may have solved the dealer plate issue… I stamped my own.

ive had a dealer plate on my car for about 3 weeks, its inspected , and insured threw my insurance in my name, no reg. i drive alot for work and see , pass cops daily havent had a problem

u wanna borrow my cali plates?