Dealership made error in amount due at signing, now they're crying for more?

I’m gonna stop by the place after work and make sure I’m not missing anything, and go from there.

It’s a 2013 Rav4 Limited, we had been loosely looking for about a year, drove a CR-V and didn’t like it, she loves this one.

One thing you can do is say you’ll give them $500 cash if they give you $300 towards labor on service. A compromise like this is pretty fair for both sides.

From the business end of things I have never had a customer pay me for any mistake my guys or I may have made. If they make the mistake we eat the difference and figure it out. Once a contract is signed and done there is no going back and negotiating. Now if it was me your next oil change would be $549.99 but that is just how shit works in my little bubble.

I give the kid a lot of credit for finding someone to buy a RAV4.

^Don’t you own a Kia?

Thankfully.

LOL ^

I paid them and made a stink. We’re getting a couple oil changes and the brakes looked at since the rotors are more crusty than I thought after sitting for a couple months.

:tup: sounds fair

Beating a dead horse a bit but ray Laks is terribly disorganized. Everybody I know who has ever gone there has said same thing and won’t go back.

It has always been my mentality to always fulfill your end of the bargain. If you agreed to something, both parties should complete their duty.

You agreed on a car for a set price, they happened to make a mistake in accounting. Does that not still mean you are obligated to complete your end of the contract?

It does not matter how green the salesman was, or how bad their paperwork is. At this point, they’re merely inconveniencing you.

Now if they came up to you and asked for $500 more because they screwed up on the negotiation part - that’s where I would tell them to pound salt. This would be like your employer saying they accidentally paid you too much and they need it back, versus your employer saying that the salary you agreed on was wrong.

A few months ago there was an SUV driving down the blvd with vinyl on the back window saying how Ray Laks screwed them over.

Glad it got sorted out. People make mistakes. If they charged you $500 too much by accident and you made the mistake of not catching it, would you want that money back or do you think it would be fair for them to say “screw him, his mistake”? Yeah…thought so.

Whatever, it’s over. All the other big names locally didn’t have the color combo and mileage she wanted in a Limited, so RL got my business. Was it a major hassle? Not really. Was it fairly disorganized and unprofessional? Yeah. Will I go to them again? Probably not. Let’s get back to the house build threads, political whining, and “went out for a bag of dicks” threads :tup:

I was going to say, it had to be a color combo thing because these are not rare vehicles

What ever happened to the “I have a problem shitting” thread?