Dear all Taurus SHO haters:

They give a teaser picture and we can already spot 3 shitty things about it. :roflpicard:

I’m with jam. Honda boys are FGGTs.

This post confirms it.

if it can come in under 3500lbs…with out the slush box. back in the late 80’s when the first one came out it was a hot car 220hp 5 speed in a sleeper body for cheap.

$25k in 1988 wasn’y exactly cheap.

hot + sleeper body?

uhhh

God i read thru a 11page thread on NICO about how 99% of honda owners are ricers, there are 240fanboys too that think their car is the best. a 240 can look like shit but if its a honda its “Rice”

SHO’s are no different, every car has a fggt

for the time it had a good amount of power, 1990 bmw 535i was 3530lbs and had 208 hp
1990 SHO was 2956lbs and had 220hp

so yeah it was a hot car that did not draw unwanted attention, not hot like some riced out shit box

I had an 89, 5 speed SHO and loved that car. For it’s time, it did pretty well.

yeah… I remember in 89 when they were new… for the time I thought the car was an amazing package…

a lot of people like my grandfather who could have purchased the BMW or benz were buying these not because they were a good value, but because they acctually liked it better.

:bigclap:

:wiggle:

it is soposed to be getting a dual clutch transmission. Apparently the original intent was to use their newer 6sp automatic but it is not handling the power of the eco boost well so they delayed its production 2 years to 2010. The taurus AWD system is a bit different that the fusion drivetrain even i 6 speed trim as I hear it. the fusion has a open center and open rear diff while the taurus/500 has a hadex LSD center and LSD rear. That should make it pretty unstoppable in the snow… the huge weight also helps make it unstoppable lol. It has been rumored that the new generation (7th gen) taurus is slated to recieve major weight reduction compared to the current model, so hopefully they can get it into the low 3K range along with a proper performance suspension…

Yes I will be one of the first on the lot to test drive one when theyhit lots next year IF they actually make it to production. I just hope GM helps ford make this new transmission like they did on the current 6sp so it doesn’t suck balls like the AX4S and AXOD-E.

edit: My sho is no race car but it moves pretty good :slight_smile:

I hate all car enthusists.

LOL…http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/29/top-ten-cars-that-dont-deserve-their-engines/

word.

ha, at least you will have a warranty,

that should be cool to see an SHO in the future ,they were awesome but i wonder if yahmaha will be under the hood :frowning:

ehh I’ve seen better, and I would prefer a lot better as well.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7239&d=1230919759

^^ Looks like a volvo

Imagine what this engine could have been in a different wrapper

so true

that should be cool to see an SHO in the future ,they were awesome but i wonder if yahmaha will be under the hood

for has dropped yamaha because of their extremely high cost. iven back in the early 90’s a new SHO engine was 6500-6900 bucks. the only current yamaha is the 4.4L volvo XC90 and S80 V8’s. while people seem to love the engines they are too costly and will be dropped.

:lol: talk about depreciation! You can get one now for what? like $50 and a half eaten taco?

Pull that motor and put in a B16 and you might have something.