Dear all Taurus SHO haters:

i loved my 91 5-speed. comfy, great features, fast enough, handled better than alot of things cause it had such a large rear anti sway bar, decent on gas etc.

Brian

the average price for a parted one goes for 300-400 and rebuilt ones still sell for over 1K and can reliably make 400hp/400tq in stock form with boost or spray… a B16 will not do that for that price range… it is just too bad its in the wrong car.

edit: I don’t think a B16 would move my pig of a car well but I did play with the idea because of the HUGE (500+lbs) weight savings and ease of making power, however it quickly got shot down because people claimed it would not reliably make the power I was looking for.

some of us are looking to destroy that 400/400-on-stock-internals idea :slight_smile:

$45k today :eekdance:

Taurus, LaCrosse mark return of Detroit sedan
Two new vehicles are seen as key to survival of Ford, General Motors

“The LaCrosse has two available V-6 engines, with the more efficient 255-horsepower unit rated at 27 MPG highway and even the brawnier 280-horsepower version scoring 26 MPG on the highway. Fuel economy ratings for the Taurus’s 263-horsepower V-6 were not yet available, but the company announced that it has plans to add to the car its EcoBoost line of efficient turbocharged engines.”

the lacrosse is available in AWD too!

DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. hopes to bust the Taurus’ sleepy, old-man image by resurrecting the SHO name and packing a 365-hp V-6 under the hood.

“The heart of any SHO is the motor,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s group vice president of marketing and communications. “The car has better performance and much better gas mileage than a BMW 550i, which uses a 4.8-liter V-8.”

The SHO, which is being unveiled today at the Chicago Auto Show, will get 25 mpg on the highway, Farley said during a press preview earlier this month in Dearborn, Mich. A city gas mileage comparison was not offered.

The SHO will have a base price of $37,995 when sales begin this fall. By comparison, the base 2010 Taurus starts at $25,995. Both prices include shipping.

The original Taurus SHO was a popular car with Ford enthusiasts. Farley said Ford sold 100,000 SHOs from 1989 to 1999.

Unlike the SHOs of that era, the 2010 will not be powered by a Yamaha-engineered and assembled V-6. Under the hood will be Ford’s new twin-turbo, 3.5-liter, direct-injection V-6, producing 300 pounds-feet of torque.

Standard equipment will include all-wheel drive and exclusive shocks, springs and sway bars. A six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters on each side of the steering wheel also is standard. Previous SHO models were offered with a manual transmission.

An optional performance package upgrades the brakes, adds electronic power steering and changes the shift points for faster acceleration.

Said Farley: “I really think it is a significant product because it telegraphs how important driving feel and performance is to Ford and how we will be different as a car company.”

I like the comparison to the BMW 550, that seems to work well for Pontiac :picard:

365hp/300tq/awd :tup:

base price of $37,995 :tif:

it will fail i say

G8 GT for $32k
4 doors 361 HP and 24 MPG

For comparison

The SHO will have a base price of $37,995

:picard: oh well… should be $29,995 and leave the lots for $25k.

no AWD FTL. That is alot for a taurus tho.

Love this car. 365 hp, twin turbo, and AWD. I agree the price could (should) be less, and I obviously want to row-my-own, but that’s a damn nice car and a huge step forward for Ford.

That’s sharp.

it’s a $40,000 ford taurus, it better be.

theres alot of talk about how great this TT V6 will be.

predict the no mods reflashed WHP/TQ:

I’m going to vote 380/350tq

Hmmmmm, Mustang GT or Taurus SHO???

id have to see the bore and stroke and turbo size but if its oversquare any and has small turbos like most modern cars do, im thinking more like 380 and 425tq.

Brian

man, i’ve to admit that the dashboard’s pretty cool.