Death on Dunnville race track

(Dunnville, ON) The Ontario Provincial Police, Haldimand County Detachment along with Haldimand County EMS and Fire responded to a serious single car crash at the Dunnville Autodrome, Port Maitland Road, Dunnville, Haldimand County.
Saturday, July 19th at approximately 10:40am, a 1991 green Mazda Miata operated by Sidney Paine, age 73, of Mississauga, ON was at the Autodrome touring the track. The driver was rounding a corner and for unknown reasons left the track and collided into a building. Bystanders attended the driver and performed CPR until EMS arrived.
The coroner attended and Mr. Paine was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Haldimand County OPP is continuing to investigate along with the assistance of OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators.
A post-mortem is being held Sunday.

I dont quite understand how he could have made it all the way to the buildings though, maybe theres something more to this, heat attack or other medical condition?

My condolences go to the mans family.

where did you get this information?

edit… found it…

holy F

and to think we were discussing this the other week…

it happened at shannonville a year or so back too.

That’s odd… we were just talking about what would happen with something like this…

The building is quite a bit away from the track.

He must have hard a heart attack or something whilst on the track and just passed out.

I think everyone here is missing the point…

73 years old and tracking, R.I.P my friend that is what I call a racing enthusiast.

Get ready for the media shit storm (which by the way, was what I was referring to with my previous thread).

:frowning:

Wow… Yea, the building is nowhere near that track. I can kinda see it happening at Shannonville with the walls and all, but Dunville really has nothing for you to hit.

Except for braking signs.

Yeah I agree with PureEuroM3, that’s what you call an enthusiast.

most 73 year olds cant even walk let alone drive hard gripping on a track. at least he died doing what he enjoyed. rip.

The “building” was probably the newly built shelter they put up at the end of the front straight.

i spoke with the track manager, John, this morning.

the driver hit one of the hangars at about 60kph. It appears as though he suffered a stroke as he made no attempt to brake and the buildings are more than 300 meters away from where the car exited the track.

the driver was rounding curve grande at the time.

this incident is not going to affect any of the scheduled track days at this time.

there has been no indication of any serious reprecussions on account of it being a clear case. But of course, only time will tell.

wtf that’s not even close to being a building…

lol… a hanger is definatly a building.

Hope I go out in a similar fashion. To the musical sounds of an engine reving to sky heaven.

the sound of a stock miata motor… not what i want to go out to…

Hence the word… similar.

haha wtf mate

They just had a news report about it on global. rip.