Democrats = draft?

^ :wtf:

Tag your it! Blue team captured the flag!

I do agree, this choose a side situation is destroying the principals of what it was founded on in the first place.

Blathering idiot thats actually in the military, and has lived with the guys. Guess what, the military isn’t a bunch of buch haters, most like the guy.

read up, you might learn something http://www.lewrockwell.com/ips/lobe43.html

thats not totally true. You only need 60 credits to become an officer and under some circumstances they can get a waiver for that too

If you ‘read up’ you’d probably notice that at no point did I say anything one way or the other about people in the military approving/not approving of “buch”.

Please address what I asked you to.

60 credits is just to get out in the program, in "some instances, then your only promoted based on you completeing your degree in so many years. The airforcce doesn’t do this, neither does the navy, pretty sure its just an army thing.

“Please address what I asked you to.” Who the FUCK do you think your are, i’m not some fuckin 18 year old kid, and I answer to no one but those that earn it. Mabe when you grow up you will realize that calling people “blathering idiots” gets you no where.

The amount of contempt many Democrats have for military people and institutions is staggering in its’ callousness and ingratitude. To be honest, universal service is not necessarily such a bad idea, though a full scale draft is not a good idea. That might actually make the military into the bunch of ignorant morons Kerry thinks they are.

And regardless of how old you are, maybe when you grow up you’ll realize that making wild claims then failing miserably to back them up gets YOU nowhere.

So again, where did your information come from?

I don’t mean to come off as having disrespect for anyone in the military. I really don’t.

While I don’t support making people Join the military, I do however think there should be some sort of mandate that everyone must do a certain amount of volunteer work after HS. Be it being a firefighter, emt, military, working a soup kitchen, reading to children etc…whatever the case may be, EVRYBODY should do at least something to help out a little and make this country a better place. It would not be too much to ask. Even a few hours a week for a few weeks. People need to learn respect and courtesy for their fellow man. This would be a decent start.

its not volunteer work if its forced. the good that all those orgs do would go by the wayside if people were forced into it.
its like when i had to do community service in high school, i ended up driving old people around on an activity shuttle. did i give a shit? hell no, but i was forced to do it.
there were people that were actually considerate and useful doing what i did, but i was just there to get my hours in and GTFO. respect and courtesy cant be forced on you, you have to exude them voluntarily.

:wink:
Baghdad by May

Thank you for helping my selfish ass stay free, or rediculasly taxed… on or the two!

anyways, dual citizenships, anyone else have one??? you cant be drafted if you do!!!

besides, i dont want to die 2000 miles away from my family at the hands of a towelhead.

g/l to you, you are much more brave than i am, but the cowered lives most of the time, soo whos smarter.

ohhh, and most of the time, people who die over in iraq/afgan, die from IED’s and crazy mofo’s/accidents. soo you wont even know it :tdn:

you sir are my favorite, and not just because your from ea! :tup:

I am better than you. I’m going to outright say that, physically and I can go further, mentally I can take more. You are afraid of the TINY potential of a draft, while plently of true Americans are joining daily.
I think its disgusting how people are already trying to find loopholes to avoid potential military service.

one more comment to end my thread whoring,

in a few years from now when the democrats have restablishted full control once again, this bs conflict over oil will be dissolved and yes even you gun hungry go get um military men will be out of work…

Wow, imagine that not everyone shares your desire to go be a hero in the desert.

I’m glad that somebody wants to do it, but the fact that you are, doesn’t inherently make you “better” than anyone else. I find the ethnocentric attitude of some of those in the armed forces disgusting.

Bad Religion - Generator - Heaven Is Falling

As I walk beneath the valley
I shall fear no evil
for thanks to King George and his rainbow cabinet
today murder is legal
God I know that it’s wrong
to kill my brother for what he hasn’t done
and as the planes blacken the sky
it sounds like heaven is falling
you promised me a new day a’dawning
I’ve seen a thousand points of light
like so many points of hatred, shame and horror
God I want to be a man
but I don’t want to die with a rifle in my hand
and as the planes blacken the sky
you promised me a new day a’dawning
well nothing here looks new to me
but a score of mothers’ sons
caught 'tween the devil and the deep blue sea

The whole point of a voluntary military is to avoid unjust conflicts. i personally will never allow my government to ship me to the other side of the globe to kill someone who hasn’t done anything to me, my family, my friends, or my fellow citezens. and i would die for that belief.

i completely understand…
this is what every republican should listen to;

Otophobia “blind leading blind”

blind leading blind, god they can’t find
resplendent deity left you behind
slave to god or your choice
forget that you once had a mind and a voice
i can’t believe a word that i hear
religious fanatics are just f-in weird
idea of god is one that i fear
close my eyes to make it disappear
easy and painless to be christ’s [email=“wh#@e”]wh#@e
like lambs to slaughter what you have in store
proofs in the pastures but you need more
when is the last time religion didn’t start a war?
you look to your lord
you praise and submit
but i don’t want your god cause yours is full of shit

that last comment is going to lead to quite a dissicussion… bring it on!