Destroyed F20 rebuild

Little JB-Weld and some dremel action will fix that right up.

On a serious note, :tup: for great carnage pics.

It had to have been a misshift right?

Skunk V2.0

www.theoldone.com … has the info on how to fill quench areas but its not working right now… i can find it in the search but not get to the site

1: no it cant be fixed, not even for 8 times the cost of just buying a new head. your looking at a piece of aluminium thats been shattered in numerous spots. there are going to be cracks running multiple directions through the combustion chamber, the intake ports, the exhaust ports, and straight through into the coolant passages.

finding / drilling / grinding / welding / grinding / machining each one of these cracks will take a massive amount of time, all @ $60 labor

and adding material around the valves to increase quench area is just going to shroud the valves, which will reduce breathing ability, and said mods would have to be done to EVERY cylinder, adding more $60/hour labor

sure the cylinders MIGHT be more efficient, but that would be canceled out by less airflow, so you make the same power for all your extra work, and one day the head cracks again . like after 3 heat cycles, and you have a cylinder head w/ $5k in mods that still winds up in the recycle bin

props those pics make me feel better about mine lol good luck and remember “shit it happens”

that sucks :frowning:

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~drcline2/pic/DSC_0438%20copy.jpg

wicked! best thing ive seen this year

I suppose it’s not surprising that happened from revving 3800 rpms above red line on a stock head. But I’m sure you’ve been flamed for that already so I won’t bother.