Diesel Chevrolet Cruze coming to U.S.

When I was at the Toronto auto how they had a duramax Colorado

During my my testing of a few Colorado Duramax models with varying loadouts, I averaged between 27.6 and 31.3 mpg.

Man that’s not bad either.

Yeah I was a little confused when I saw it, haven’t seen one state side yet which is probably why.

New Equinox appears to be getting the same engine as well

That includes the expected segment-exclusive 1.6L turbo-diesel that will offer customers excellent efficiency and capability.

• Updated - - -

We have plenty of them in Detroit. Should be a nice combo with the ZR2.

Equinox Diesel coming soon…

Achieves a 32 mpg rating in combined city and highway fuel economy
Highway fuel economy is also commendable in the diesel Equinox at 39 mpg
Equinox’s 1.6-liter turbodiesel engine produces 137 hp, down from 170 hp in the gas 1.5-liter turbo and 252 hp from the 2.0-liter turbo. Fortunately, torque is a healthy 240 lb-ft with the diesel.
Chevy’s new diesel promises an estimated 577 miles of highway range

Driven the equinox diesel its a sweet package

Next question is are consumers going to trust diesel after VW’s dieselgate?

Do consumers even really give a shit?

Update: driving a Terrain Diesel as a company car. Went through my first tank of DEF.
Impressive mileage and range. Not a hot hatch for getting off the line, but adequate for a daily.
#IworkforGM #tryingtonotgetfiredwhileactaullyprovidingfeedbackonthecompanyIworkfor

How many miles did it take? New my RR went through very little. I don’t think I filled it in 40k miles. But there was a “software update” for it over the winter (basically for emissions BS) and now I’m consuming about twice as much.

4.9 gallon tank. I think I have seen estimates of 1k miles per gallon which seems inline with my usage.

Cool. I’m getting ~1,493 miles per gallon with a 4.75 gallon tank after the update. I’m more highway than city though… but I thought highway was actually supposed to consumer more… :thinking:

I know @EvoMR has probably calculated his by now too.

I’ve struggled with this in the past and just decided to let jalopnik do all my bidding. :male_detective:

#notWhoYouThink