Different kind of inspection question

I looked through all of the inspection/emissions and couldn’t really find the answer.

Inspection/emissions was up in Feb. I had a CEL for a leak in the EVAP system. I fixed the leak (or so I thought), cleared the CEL and took it in for the test (about 2 weeks passed since I cleared the CEL). It passed emissions, but failed because the brakes needed replaced.

So now I have a new emissions sticker good through 03/09, and an old inspection sticker good 02/08. I finally change the brakes and kept putting off getting it reinspected. :doh:

Well, the CEL came back on with the same code (apparently I didn’t fix it). Will I fail the inspection with a CEL that is emissions related, even though the emissions is good until next year? I really don’t feel like dropping my gas tank again right now and I’m getting worried driving around without a current inspection.

u just need an inspection.u should be fine!till next emissions

yeah you only need the safety insp. just get that done. the mech should give two shits about the emis. because its already done. worry about it next year

i work at an emissions station and we do a bunch of used car lot cars and theyll come in and pass emissions fail inspection come back x amount of days later check engine will be on but as long as the new emissions sticker is on the windshield they cant scrape it off and say your pulling a code and ur going back in for inspection not emissions youll be fine

the thing is it will pass a evap drive cycle but the check engine light won’t come on until it sees 2 consecutive monitor failures. for 2 evap monitors to complete usually takes a few days this time of year. it’s nice because it buys you a decent amount of time to clear the code, let the monitors complete and get it tested before the system retests itself

just one way to beat the system

btw smoke test that whore