Digital Dash problems!!!!

Ok i know this isnt a nissan question but i thought it would be under the same type as many nissans came with digital dashes and HUD.

My problem is on my winter beater (1993 Chevy blazer S10) 4.3L Vortec. auto with digital dash. the dash does actually work. like its not fully non functional. it will work periodically and when it cuts out i give it a good smack and it comes back on. i took apart the dash to check the conection and cleaned it out. tapped the shit out of it and that did nothing. now i get the engine light and abs lights that work when you turn it on but after that i have nothing. and ive hit it so hard i cracked the plastic window. any one had similar problems or know what too look for. i really dont wanna spen 400 $ for a replacement and electrical shops just say " we garentee we find the problem @ 95 $ an hour" yea im sure you do. whats that gonna cost me for you to be stuborn.

id have to say since it flashes on and off, there is most likely, a loose wire somewhere, maby the ground wire or something. i dont know much, but thats what it sounds like. just check all ur connections again.good luck.

it could be because its too cold out